November Tour

P

Peter Day

Just thought i'd add this note into the proceedings if the tour hasn't already been planned this far ahead.

If possible if the band are not already considering this, try to get onto the Alice Cooper 'monsters of rock' gig line up?!
seeing as Halford isn't going to do it now and also the wildhearts have decided to not do it then this leaves a nice big gap to be filled and what a chance for Saxon to play a really big gig in the UK?

if not doing above try to make sure that the up coming tour doesn't clash on any of the above dates ie make it earlier in November!
just a few thoughts, it is surprising what an impact on attendance two gigs overlapping onto one another can have.

Didn't this happen one year to saxon! wasn't it the Dogs of War tour! i could be wrong there, but i seem to remember a tour that went on the same time as another tour and the attendance was low, i even met some friends who would have gone to seee Saxon if they hadn't already been going to this other show.

I think that would be a great idea Pete. Or they could bring the tour forward and tour with Motorhead and Anthrax. Motorhead are on SPV as well so it shouldn't be out of the question.

As for the low attendance bit, I saw Saxon on the Dogs of War tour at the Cornwall Collisium. It was advertised about 3 days before hand and there were just under 150 people in a hall that will hold 2,500. Twas a bit embarrasing to say the least!
Mind you Saxon still played for 2hrs and were awesome as usual. Biff did come up with some top gags that night about the attendance (or lack of it) though!

As much as I would love to see Saxon on a big bill and play in front of a big audience, I'd rather them headline their own show. Unless they could do their complete show on a big bill, and not just a 45 minute - 1 hour slot. It was great seeing Saxon supporting Judas Priest last December, but the set was just way too short.

Pax.