Forgiveness is a form of injustice?

hexwind

Creepiness Och Terrorism
Jun 10, 2008
Psychedelic Planet
www.myspace.com
Forgiving someone is pardoning them from a wrongdoing or a mistake they did.
Justice, as most people see it at least, is rewarding someone for what they did.

So when I forgive someone, am I considered as breaking the law, and exercising a form of injustice? I'm not talking about, for example, sending someone to jail after committing a crime, and after a period of time releasing them, I don't call that forgiveness, coz they already got what they deserved, and release is something that they also deserve as human beings after paying a certain price.

I think forgiveness and acceptance are quite different animals. I think the fundamentals of your argument translate across to acceptance (of some negative) as being contrary to typical ideas of justice. Forgiveness implies that the wrong has been made explicit and relevant parties wish to 'move on'. It is not that the wrongdoer necessarily bears no consequence, but either that the consequences have been dealt, are implicit in the knowledge of the wrong, or even in some cases are created by the forgiveness itself.

When you say "breaking the law" I assume you mean the law of the country you live in.

By forgiveness do you mean preventing them from being put to justice?

If someone commits a crime the victim may legally have the ability to not seek justice in some places.

forgiveness1_1024.jpg

My idea on this topic goes like this; In life i find it completely okay to forgive someone, but you can never forget what people do to you. In this though you must set for yourself what's forgivable and whats not. Some small things are easy enough to forgive, but attacks on a personal level are a lot less likely to be forgiven.

Forgiving someone is pardoning them from a wrongdoing or a mistake they did.
Justice, as most people see it at least, is rewarding someone for what they did.

So when I forgive someone, am I considered as breaking the law, and exercising a form of injustice? I'm not talking about, for example, sending someone to jail after committing a crime, and after a period of time releasing them, I don't call that forgiveness, coz they already got what they deserved, and release is something that they also deserve as human beings after paying a certain price.

i think the premise is flawed.
The logic falters due to equivocation of the definitional terms.

I can understand "Forgiving" as Pardoning a Wrongdoing.

"Justice," however, is not considered "Reward." - Justice is levying a proper response to a given action so as to maintain or instill a balance (You know, that whole "Scales of Justice" thing). As such, Justice can be reward or punishment.

Forgiving someone is not condoning a breaking of the law - it is a method to maintain a balance. This balance is Justice. The question becomes one regarding your method of assessment vis a vis your foundational ideas surrounding the concept of Justice.

Resonator is mad.....

Sometimes the window of opportunity to forgive is found as easily as the conversion. What you understand is what you live. What you don't understand happens in the background. Simply put, be aware that you truly understand a fragment of the reality you live in, and therefore things that are unreal are not so hard to accept.

I actually mean to say that you could go either way, but one way is true to the heart, right at the center of everything. Jesus rules the up, I rule the down, who do you fly by if we both fly with the truth?

forgiveness is a hope to overcome but reality closes the door. Ghosts be they in closets, the closets ride on ones shoulders. Equal retrobution is the only answer, then both parties have something to regret and something to be pissed off about. Alls fair in love and war, cross a line and be prepared to bleed. The fact that so many do not bleed for thier actions today, always getting away with "Im sorry, I didnt mean to" promote many bad behaviors that could have been cured at a early age with Sunday community flogins.

That was fun...... LOL

Its probably the various forms of slang and word play that screw you up, one of the beautiful things about English is that there is so many ways of phrasing and dialects used over the ages, it can be twisted up into a wicked mess that takes a bit of time to decifer. Im not sure if this is the case with other languages, I have been told that French Canadian is considerably different than the French use. I could also believe that Spanish has many twists as well due to the spred of its topography.

Can you understand Shakespear ? Thats some pretty tricky stuff. But the trickiest is the form used by our lawmakers when they write laws, even if you can decifer it its hard to not get annoyed by the happy horseshit and not give up... or fall asleep while trying to read it. It will take them four pages to get to some stupid point that could be accomplished in two sentences if they would just spit it out in plane english.

haha yeah same with Standard Arabic actually. I had a Shakespear's book here, never bothered reading it. And I recently noticed that if i introduce an idea in English, using particular words, it would be way too different than in French, Standard Arabic, or Tunisian, i mean, such twists can persuade people, good language of sophists