Former ASKING ALEXANDRIA Singer DENIS SHAFOROSTOV Launches DRAG ME OUT

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
Former ASKING ALEXANDRIA singer Denis "Stoff" Shaforostov has launched a new band called DRAG ME OUT. The group's debut single, "I'm Sorry", has just been released digitally via Sumerian Records. Also available is an accompanying music video, which can be seen below. Denis recorded one album with ASKING ALEXANDRIA, "The Black", before exiting the band in October 2016. Guitarist Ben Bruce said in a video message that Shaforostov had "just stopped talking to us." He added: "When Denis first joined the band, people within the music industry and fans alike, they all told us these different things about Denis's past, and we got many warnings, and we said, that's his past — forgive and forget; we don't know any of that side of things. So we gave him the benefit of the doubt, and, you know, there's no smoke without fire, and I guess we found that out the hard way." Shaforostov has not spoken out about his departure from ASKING ALEXANDRIA, although he did tweet at one point that he "left AA because I can't be in a touring band at this point in my life. There's no drama and I don't want to be a part of it." Singer Danny Worsnop rejoined ASKING ALEXANDRIA in the fall of 2016.

Continue reading...