Former RIOT Singer MIKE DIMEO: MARK REALE 'Was A True Artist'

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
Vocalist Mike DiMeo, who recorded six studio albums and one live album with RIOT between 1994 and 2006, has issued the following statement regarding the passing of the band's founding guitarist Mark Reale:"I'm deeply saddened by the death of Mark Reale.

More...

Sad news and I've been reading about his illness since the beginning of the month and was hoping for the best even though his condition while being guarded by the people around him, it seemed more dire if you read between the lines.

I was lucky enough to see Mark and the band years back on my birthday here in Jersey and while the band kicked ass, it was cool to get to chat with him and the band.... along with Eddie Trunk as they had a meet n greet in the basement of the place. Mark seemed very shy....almost timid in a way but it seemed that he really enjoyed hearing that he had fans of the band from the early 80's still wanting to hear the band live.

I saw Riot on the 18th of this month....still have the show in my sig and while I heard just 2 days before the show that he was in an induced coma back in Texas and that the band would still soldier on as he wanted them to but I still went to pay tribute not really knowing, though always having the thought in the back of my mind that the end could be near for him and sadly it has come to that
frown.gif

He suffered his whole life from Crohn's disease and due to the many years on meds, he developed liver issues and developed a subarachnoid hemorrhage.

RIP Mark and thanks for the legacy you left especially Restless Breed, Born In America & Fire Down Under
fist.gif

Swords and Tequila will carry him up to the Heavens....gone too soon but never forgotten.

2 vids from the BB King's show just last week.

Rick Ventura from Riot joined the band on stage

RIP Mark....you're now up there with fellow bandmates Rhett Forrester and Guy Speranza

Last edited by a moderator: