Former TESTAMENT/NEVERMORE Guitarist STEVE SMYTH's ONE MACHINE To Release 'The Final

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
ONE MACHINE, the brainchild of acclaimed guitarist/songwriter Steve Smyth (TESTAMENT, NEVERMORE, FORBIDDEN, DRAGONLORD, VICIOUS RUMORS), will release its second album, "The Final Cull", on September 18 via Scarlet Records. The CD was tracked at Death Island Studios, with Marco Angioni and Tue Madsen at the helm. Recording lasted for nine days solid, as the band put in 15-18-hour days on this album. ONE MACHINE has launched a crowdfunding campaign to help offset the costs incurred during the recording, with many great perks soon to be on offer, in addition to regular pre-orders of the album, which will be available in digital download, CD, digipak, and special-edition vinyl formats. Smyth comments: "We are very excited to release 'The Final Cull' to you all on September 18th! "This is the album I've personally wanted to write for years, and we've done it now, with ONE MACHINE. "The perfect storm of a bit of careful planning, A LOT of spontaneity in the songwriting department, and jamming as a band together with Jamie [Hunt, guitar], Chris [Hawkins, vocals], Stefano [Selvatico, bass], and Michi [Sanna, drums] live in the studio, we have come out the other side of this with what I feel is a really heavy, living, breathing, LIVE metal album! Did I mention it’s HEAVY, and it's METAL?!"He continues: "Tue Madsen mixed, mastered and produced Chris' vocals (I leaned in a little), and I produced the music. It was so refreshing to work in this way again! "Music is meant to be heard live, especially metal, that’s why I wanted to do it this way, and we couldn’t be happier with this album."I hope you'll join us down the dark futuristic path that is 'The Final Cull'!" ONE MACHINE is:Steve Smyth (guitar)Jamie Hunt (guitar)Chris Hawkins (vocals)Stephen Wild (bass)

More...