Forum football picks - Week 9

Renegade Drummer

The 5th Beatle
Jun 9, 2006
Portland area, Oregon
www.myspace.com
Well, we are about halfway through the season, and it's still kind of difficult to predict things. Not a bad week for most of us. Couple of surprises (like Seattle finally winning hehehehe), but most of teams that should have won did win.

Tennessee is 7-0? Who do they think they are, the 2007 Patriots?

We had 4 players tie for the win this week at 10-4: Renegade Drummer, MadamR, koelling (again), and Slappy7768. Congrats to all!

Here are the results for Week 8:
1. Renegade Drummer: 10-4 (tie)
1. MadamR: 10-4 (tie)
1. koelling: 10-4 (tie)
1. Slappy7768: 10-4 (tie)
2. promark420: 9-5
3. Arrowheadian: 8-6
4. JMac7997: 7-7
5. stryder: 5-9

Here are the overall standings through Week 8 (116 games):
1. koelling: 78-38
2. Slappy7768: 72-44
3. Renegade Drummer: 68-48
4. JMac7997: 67-49
5. Arrowheadian: 65-51
6. promark420: 64-52 (tie)
6. MadamR: 64-52 (tie)
7. stryder: 62-54

Here are the games for Week 9:
Green Bay @ Tennessee
Tampa Bay @ Kansas City
Jacksonville @ Cincinnati
NY Jets @ Buffalo
Houston @ Minnesota
Arizona @ St. Louis
Baltimore @ Cleveland
Detroit @ Chicago
Miami @ Denver
Atlanta @ Oakland
Dallas @ NY Giants
Philadelphia @ Seattle
New England @ Indianapolis
Pittsburgh @ Washington (Monday Night Football)

(Byes this week: Carolina, New Orleans, San Diego, San Francisco)

Please try and have your picks posted by Friday afternoon.

Good luck everybody!

Robby

This sounds pathetic, but the last few years I was faithful to my two local teams, and by the end of the year when I was three or four games behind the lead, I couldn't help but think that's what made the biggest difference. This year I have picked the Niners three times and lost all three. I have picked the Raiders three times and lost twice. If I had picked them every week, I'd be in second place. So, here's to NOT picking your local teams out of allegiance!

Tennessee (can one really pick against them right now?)
Tampa Bay
Jacksonville
Buffalo
Minnesota
Arizona
Baltimore
Chicago (my girlfriend's team is doing pretty good)
Denver
Oakland (not picking them because they are my favorite - but because I really think they'll win)
NY Giants
Philadelphia
Indianapolis
Washington (tough pick)

Koelling, as much as I HATE to admit it, that's exactly what's hurt me in the past couple of years, especially this year with the Seahawks (though, the first time I pick against them, they win...LOL).
I won't be picking them again this year unless they turn it around, or have to play someone like, well, Oakland. :lol::lol::lol:
(Well, maybe San Francisco again too)

Robby

That was an UGLY week for me. I mean BUTT UGLY!

Green Bay - Something tells me its a bad idea to pick against the Titans the way they have been playing, but hey...
Kansas City - I think the Chiefs might steal one.
Jacksonville - I know a couple of high school teams that might give Cincy a run.
Buffalo - The Bills know they are better than last week's performance and they show it here.
Houston - The Vikes are not very well coached, IMO.
Arizona - Kurt Warner throws for damn near 400 in a loss? The Rams are gonna eat it.
Baltimore - The Browns are gonna get hurt... and infected.
Chicago - The secondary is healing up and Mr. Orton is ready to shut some mouths!
Miami - Do the Broncos even have a defense?
Atlanta - Unless SeaBass kicks 10 FGs, the Falcons D should keep this one under control.
NY Giants - The Cowboys are thinking of starting their third string QB? LOL!
Philadelphia - Brian Westbrook is MAGIC!
Indianapolis - Just because I can't stand the Pats.
Pittsburgh - I know the 'Skins have played well, but I think Jason Campbell's luck may run out in this one.

Koelling, as much as I HATE to admit it, that's exactly what's hurt me in the past couple of years, especially this year with the Seahawks (though, the first time I pick against them, they win...LOL).
I won't be picking them again this year unless they turn it around, or have to play someone like, well, Oakland. :lol::lol::lol:
(Well, maybe San Francisco again too)

Robby

Just accept the fact that your team sucks and you won't pick them. That's what I've done. I love my Falcons. In fact, I'm sporting a Falcons hoodie right now. But they should have lost last weekend, and they did. That's why I picked Philly. (At least I think I did.) Falcons and Dolphins. They're my two favorite teams, but they are easy to pick against.

Tennessee
Tampa Bay
Jacksonville
Buffalo
Minnesota
St. Louis
Baltimore
Chicago
Denver
Oakland
NY Giants
Philadelphia
Indianapolis
Pittsburgh (Monday Night Football)

Tennessee
Tampa Bay
Jacksonville
Buffalo
Minnesota
Arizona--ugh! Pillow fight of the week!
Cleveland
Chicago
Denver
Atlanta
NY Giants
Philadelphia
Indianapolis
Washington (Monday Night Football)

Hey, by the way, you all might want to check out the injuries to Buffalo this weekend. I usually keep these to myself, but there are three major role players that are supposed to be out

Tennessee
Tampa Bay
Jacksonville
NY Jets
Minnesota
Arizona
Baltimore
Chicago
Denver
Atlanta
NY Giants
Seattle
Indianapolis

Pittsburgh

Here are the games for Week 9:
Tennessee
Tampa Bay
Jacksonville
Buffalo
Minnesota
Arizona
Baltimore
Chicago
Denver
Atlanta
NY Giants
Philadelphia
New England
Washington (Monday Night Football)

This sounds pathetic, but the last few years I was faithful to my two local teams, and by the end of the year when I was three or four games behind the lead, I couldn't help but think that's what made the biggest difference. This year I have picked the Niners three times and lost all three. I have picked the Raiders three times and lost twice. If I had picked them every week, I'd be in second place. So, here's to NOT picking your local teams out of allegiance!

Oakland (not picking them because they are my favorite - but because I really think they'll win)

HA! :lol:

Shutout. Lowest total offensive yards since 1961 with 77.