Forum Format

Ze4th0x

A Former Somebody
Jan 6, 2011
Hey guys, I wonder you guys think we should keep the same format in this forum as the sneap forum. I notice there is no Rate your Mix or Euquipment section.

Just a thought though :cool:

Yeah I really like that format also. I would also like to see this forum have the same format, just to keep things the same around here.

and where do you need the equipment section since we all know what they will use :lol:

Hahaha didn't even think about that.
I would say let the forum progress a couple weeks/months and see what we would need for sub forums then after having a better understanding what should and shouldn't be here

Hahaha didn't even think about that.
I would say let the forum progress a couple weeks/months and see what we would need for sub forums then after having a better understanding what should and shouldn't be here

+1M

Time will tell if this forum needs a new sub forum :)

I'd like more sections but I dunno about a "rate my mix" section - I think it'd become even shittier than the Sneap forum one has become.

I think it would be cool to have a "Drum Sample Mixes" section.

but I don't really want a section where people just post random music that has nothing to do with me other than the fact that they're trying to sound like me or just like my stuff.

+1
The way I see it we've got the Sneap forum for discussion on equipment, rate my mix etc.
I really like how this forum is coming along at the moment, very focused on Joey and his stuff, which is exactly what we wanted I think?

On the Sneap forum I literally _never_ visited there, so I think this one sticky will do the job:

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/production/670314-joey-sturgis-produced-albums.html

I'll just add the other albums to the list as they come along.

And on the other hand I visit that room a lot - Sneap's posted a ton of awesome info in there. It's a great way to organize things when someone has a huge discography and you want to ask questions about a specific album.

I've got a slightly different idea, it'd be cool to have two sub-forums for production tips if that makes any sense. I'm thinking something along the lines of leaving production tips the way it is, but focusing it more on actual production as in the realities of working with musicians every day, editing tips, processing tricks etc. This would be in conjunction with a "Mix Advice" section where users could post stuff they're working on but instead of having it as a simple "rate" section, which ultimately turns into a circle jerk, having something along the lines on "having trouble with clean vocals," "the low end in this mix doesn't feel right." This would be used to actually create discussion on the issues relevant to the mix as opposed to "check out how awesome this sounds." I haven't really thought it through entirely but I feel it could be a concept that could be elaborated on.

I'm also in support for a "sturgis produced albums" sub-forum. But instead of just creating a discussion for each new album and keeping it fairly strict, use it as a forum where users can start their own threads as it comes up, and on smaller elements of each album such as, "Attack Attack: self titled, bass tone"

I could be way off here but it was just something I was thinking about today.
Thoughts?

And on the other hand I visit that room a lot - Sneap's posted a ton of awesome info in there. It's a great way to organize things when someone has a huge discography and you want to ask questions about a specific album.

I agree, it's just much more organized that way.