FotV

J-Man

Old as Yoda
Jan 11, 2005
Texas
Will there be a 2009 addition of VoTV? I mean it is Feb. and there has been nothing, nada, zip posted. Inquiring minds want to know so they can get plane tickets.

Will there be a 2009 addition of VoTV? I mean it is Feb. and there has been nothing, nada, zip posted. Inquiring minds want to know so they can get plane tickets.

I think you mean FotV (Flight of the Valkyries). :D

And yes, there will be a FotV III in June 2009. There are several things in the works as we speak.

I'm hoping that Nathan is going to hop back on here in the next week or so to give everyone an official update. I'll go give him a little nudge.

I mean it is Feb. and there has been nothing, nada, zip posted.

It's awesome that you're interested! I really hope to see you there this year!:headbang:

The last two FotV festivals have both been in June so we are still about 4-5 months away from there.

Didn't Nightmare Metal Fest only make it's first announcements in January and the festival is in March?:heh:

No announcements made yet due to some issues that still need resolving before anything can be said. Times is tough for everyone right now. I'm sure Nathan just wants to make sure all his ducks are lined up before firing away.

Hope we'll see you there, J-Man!!:kickass:

I just spoke to Nathan. The official announcements of the first bands and the festival date is coming next week.

Thanks for hanging in here with us! We're really excited to be bringing FotV to the fans for year another summer! :headbang:

Care to guess as to who any of the first few bands might be? :heh: :D

I say that the headliner will be and I am going way out on a limb here, but it is one that needs to play the US.........EDENBRIDGE, and then hopefully A NEW DAWN for the Netherlands, a triple female fronted band, also AETHERIUS with the fabulous Olivia Berka on Vocals.

I'm excited to hear the announcements! I hope everything is as killer as my first time last year! Come On Bobbie were dying out here!

I'm excited to hear the announcements! I hope everything is as killer as my first time last year! Come On Bobbie were dying out here!
Mwahahahaha! :devil: :Shedevil: You didn't know we could be this cruel!

Haha! I know! I know! We need to throw you guys a line. Thanks again for being so patient.

I'm only the co-promoter though, so I's gots to dos what I'm told.

We've got about half the bands confirmed, but are waiting on signed contracts from most of them. Nathan has this funny thing about not wanting to fire the guns until we have something in writing from these bands. Silly promoters ... always got to have it signed in blood or something. :rolleyes: :loco: :lol:

I am of course kidding. Nathan is just taking all the necessary steps to be safe in today's up-side-down economy. We will have news for you very soon and it will be good! I promise.

Thanks for all you enthusiasm and for hanging in there!

Mwahahahaha! :devil: :Shedevil: You didn't know we could be this cruel!

Haha! I know! I know! We need to throw you guys a line. Thanks again for being so patient.

I'm only the co-promoter though, so I's gots to dos what I'm told.

We've got about half the bands confirmed, but are waiting on signed contracts from most of them. Nathan has this funny thing about not wanting to fire the guns until we have something in writing from these bands. Silly promoters ... always got to have it signed in blood or something. :rolleyes: :loco: :lol:

I am of course kidding. Nathan is just taking all the necessary steps to be safe in today's up-side-down economy. We will have news for you very soon and it will be good! I promise.

Thanks for all you enthusiasm and for hanging in there!

Nathan should have the headliner sign in Blood so we can clone them! heh....sorry lame joke! I look forward to the annoucements!

Okay is there to ba an announcement anytime soon, or you guys gonna keep us in suspense for weeks. hehehehehehehehe

The news is coming! I swear! :oops:

I want this info out on the table as bad as you guys do. It's killing me not to be able to really talk about some of the amazing bands we have on our bill this year.

I've written the press release, the website is being updated as we speak. I'm pushing Nathan to release the info, but I think he is still waiting on a contract from one of the bands and I know he'd like to have the website updated before we announce.

Actually, I won't say who and I won't say where, but some of the info is out there on the web if you do the detective work. ;) just kidding. I'm not really asking you guys to play Sherlock and I really do want to announce this.

As for the timing and why the long wait, I believe the economy is a factor for everyone right now. We had lots of plans that we started working on right after last years fest, and to Nathan and I it became obvious that some of those things just weren't possible with the changes in our economic climate over the past several months. So we had to reevaluate our plan because that's what you do if your dedicated to keeping a festival like this going annually. We are still committed to bringing the fans another excellent festival with a high-quality line-up and a diverse selection of bands. FotV will deliver the goods!

Hang tight. I can only say thank you again for your patience and for your continued support! :headbang:

... I will hint that that there are a few returning bands on the bill, two from the first year and one from last year. Let you minds ponder that for another day or so. What bands have new albums out? o_O What bands have new albums coming out? :loco: What headbanging hypnotizing act is FotV going to showcase that blows me away this festival? :zombie: :lol: (I've had people tell me each year that there was this band or that band that they knew nothing or only a little about and then that band just blew them away ... and that's one of the many reasons we've invited them back ;))

Let's see i say:
Sirens or Titan
Visideon or Earthen
or Something to Fear
Some very good choices on there.

Unfortunatly, I should let you know that both Something to Fear and Visideon are now defunct. It's a shame since I really loved both of those bands. They each had a lot of talent to share and I consider it a privilege to have seen them both live.

Also, Earthen no longer has a main female vocalist from what I understand. Shortly before last year's festival they brought on a new male singer in Holly's place. He was their main singer at last year's fest. (I might be wrong, but I thought Holly had left the band. She is still listed on their myspace page, but I think that is just a listing of those who have previously performed on their albums. It looks like Mary Zimmer of Luna Mortis has contributed to the band as well.)

The news is coming! I swear! :oops:

I want this info out on the table as bad as you guys do. It's killing me not to be able to really talk about some of the amazing bands we have on our bill this year.

I've written the press release, the website is being updated as we speak. I'm pushing Nathan to release the info, but I think he is still waiting on a contract from one of the bands and I know he'd like to have the website updated before we announce.

Actually, I won't say who and I won't say where, but some of the info is out there on the web if you do the detective work. ;) just kidding. I'm not really asking you guys to play Sherlock and I really do want to announce this.

As for the timing and why the long wait, I believe the economy is a factor for everyone right now. We had lots of plans that we started working on right after last years fest, and to Nathan and I it became obvious that some of those things just weren't possible with the changes in our economic climate over the past several months. So we had to reevaluate our plan because that's what you do if your dedicated to keeping a festival like this going annually. We are still committed to bringing the fans another excellent festival with a high-quality line-up and a diverse selection of bands. FotV will deliver the goods!

Hang tight. I can only say thank you again for your patience and for your continued support! :headbang:

... I will hint that that there are a few returning bands on the bill, two from the first year and one from last year. Let you minds ponder that for another day or so. What bands have new albums out? o_O What bands have new albums coming out? :loco: What headbanging hypnotizing act is FotV going to showcase that blows me away this festival? :zombie: :lol: (I've had people tell me each year that there was this band or that band that they knew nothing or only a little about and then that band just blew them away ... and that's one of the many reasons we've invited them back ;))

I think I know 5 of the bands but that's only cause I knew where to look! I just hope that doesn't change! If it does then well i'll cry....seriously I'll bottle them up and sell them at the show! Cause ya know, the tears of a true metal head can revive the dead! how magical is that?

Ahem anyways! I look forward to flight this year, and don't bother messaging me I won't spill the surprise! Just know it's gonna be killer, Bobbie and Nathan never EVER disappoint.

Till then,

Mike~