Foul Dearth...Metal band from downunder looking for reviews/constructive criticism

WAR WITCH

New Metal Member
Oct 7, 2004
Melbourne
Hey there all yea metal heads...was looking to get some ppl to check out our tracks...we just recorded our demo a few months ago (although i could have wished for better quality on the actual recording). and we are wanting to see what the rest of the world think of us. Hate us, love us dont care ither way but please give us some reasons why in ither case so that we can improve :headbang:. Cant really say what sorta metal it is dont really wanna pigeon hole it so work it out for yaselves.

http://www.mp3.com.au/artist.asp?id=19208

You list an awful lot of influences but I only really hear two.
Dimmu Borgir
Slipknot

Neither of which I'm fond of. That's beside the point.

Vocals - I'm not used to hearing black metal lyrics in clean production (mostly because i rarely listen to black metal) but yours are pretty good.
The clean are just... clean lyrics. Can't really say anything against or for them.

Guitars - The rythym guitars are really thin in the mix. Little on the repative side but that's normal in the black metal area. After listening again, they are a even a little more varied than most.

Drums - I'm not terribly knowledgeable about about drums. They sounded fine to me. They seemed a shade too much in the front but that's really because the guitars were thin rather than them too loud.

Bass - Another thing I'm not well acquainted with. I liked it over all.

Overall - The production is a little muddy, but after listening to a lot of Bathory everything seems crystal clear in comparison. It was pretty good for a black metal inspired band.

Thanks for the critique finnaly somebody with something constructive to say...
can i ask which song u listened too? or did u listen to them both?