Found an old Sanctuary flyer...

Blizz

May 24, 2003
Seattle
www.blizzardbeast.com
In my storage boxes yesterday. The infamous tenth anniversary of Mount St Helens Show at the Oz club (R.I.P.) on May 18, 1990. :) They opened for Forced Entry who I had seen twice previously. I was there for Sanctuary! I think this was JL first gig with the band. I was high and drunk, but I think WD introduced him as the "new guitarist" and I could have sworn he said he was from either Wisconsin or Chicago. I just remember how young Jeff looked/was. Well.. 13 years ago I was 29. :(

sancflyer

Yeah I plan on getting this framed as well as my "Into the Mirror Black" flat that is signed by all 5 original members. :OMG:

The upper corner looks "cut" but it is just curling

I love the color!! :hotjump:

do you set out every day to make fans like me jealous? haha, just kidding. you're pretty lucky. some day i can make people jealous with my autographed Believe in Nothing single, and Candlemass Diamonds of Doom LP that Messiah signed "To My L ittle Doom Friend - Will Bozarth" lol

dead6skin6mask6 said:
do you set out every day to make fans like me jealous? haha, just kidding. you're pretty lucky. some day i can make people jealous with my autographed Believe in Nothing single, and Candlemass Diamonds of Doom LP that Messiah signed "To My L ittle Doom Friend - Will Bozarth" lol

I feel blessed with my lengthy metal life...

I moved to Seattle in January of 1990. So I AM very lucky. I have seen Nevermore 13 times I think. Including Dynamo 99 and Wacken 2001.

I am very jealous of the signed Messiah LP!! You lucky dawg!

Cheers

B

I wanted to go to that fest. :(

Here is my Candlemass review from Wacken 02:

CANDLEMASS: The plus of having a backstage pass is that you have an "update board" posted in the press area, so us press folks don’t miss important changes. The major change of this years WOA was Candlemass. According to a press release from guitarist Leif Edling, the WOA HQ fucked up and forgot to pick the band up in Hamburg! So when they finally arrived to WOA, they were behind schedule, had interviews to do, etc. So there was no choice but to switch Candlemass time slot with My Dying Bride on the Party stage. So thousands of fans missed Candlemass because of this. There were pissed off metalheads who traveled farther than I did just to see Candlemass, only to be let down. It was really sad. But I was one of the lucky ones! I got a spot that was just right. It was a tight squeeze. But as the band started playing, I felt like I was thrown into a time machine back to the mid 80's! No shit! It was as though they never left. Two giant candelabras laid out among skulls on the drum riser. Messiah draped in this Black and red robe! FUCKING BONECRUSING DOOM!!!!!! Candlemass were in excellent form and played all of their classics! Including: "Mirror, Mirror", "Bewitched", "Well of Souls", "Dark are the Veils of Death" "Dark Reflections" and the ultimate doom classic "Sorcerer's Pledge". Chills ran down my spine during their 60 minute set! I banged my head for the whole CANDLEMASS gig and it fucking ruled! A Wacken magic moment for sure!
http://www.candlemass.net

And my Nevermore Wacken 01 mini review..

NEVERMORE: Dark clouds rolled in over Wacken and the rain began to fall as Seattle's own Nevermore went on over at the mainstage. This was very weird for me to see Nevermore in a setting like this. I am from Seattle and have met the band on numerous occasions and seen them a dozen times live. But not in front of 20,000 people! Singer Warrel Dane worked the crowd into a frenzy, instigating the "crowd surfers" to "go for it" (and they did). Warrel wore a black leather cowboy hat and black leather smoking jacket and pranced about below the stage in this little runway area so he could be closer to the crowd. The band played "Beyond Within", "Dead Heart in a Dead World", "The Sound of Silence", "Inside Four Walls", "Seven Tongues of God" and even went back to the basement and played a killer version of "White Rabbit" the Jefferson Airplane cover that Sanctuary had covered on their 1987 debut "Refuge Denied". The rain didn’t seem to phase the Wacken crowd. They went apeshit for Nevermore, and I of course thought this was really fucking great!

nice. i had a long conversation with Messiah at the hotel. apparently, a new DVD will be coming up eventually. and he stated that he is still up for doing more Memento Mori songs, just the guitarist doesnt think its time

Blizz said:
Killer. I just found out that my xbox will play region 0 and region 1 PAL format DVD's!! So I am going to see what the Candlemass DVD is, that is out right now.

What the F*^#@@
A Xbox playes PAL??
I have seen on ebay,Saxon and Accept DVD's,and not purchased....
I shall buy them now and take the heXbox of my kids

Great flyer Blizz
Forced Entery ruled

Metal Church

The Accused..Yeah!!!
I see we must be in the same age group ( i'M 100 haha) Reverend kicked my ass {Butcher of Bagdad} makes sence now

Hey Blizz,we might seem crazy around here but its like comedy central without the cable charge

Yeah it has been interesting to say the least, I might stick around.

I saw Judas Priest in 1979 at Bumbershoot when I was 17. I believe WD was at that show too.

Then I went to KISS at the Seattle Coliseum two months later. :)

Blizz said:
Yeah it has been interesting to say the least, I might stick around.

I saw Judas Priest in 1979 at Bumbershoot when I was 17. I believe WD was at that show too.

Then I went to KISS at the Seattle Coliseum two months later. :)

In 79' I seen Heart and was a bitchin' kid yelling for KISS tunes haha
80' saw Ted Nugent,the nightmare started haha.started playing guitar
in the serious mode{{Girls}}
Man, you look like my bud Mad Dog (the dude in the Pantera Vids drinking beer in the nose)
How was Alice in Chains at the start? Laine Stayley had one of "the" voices.I now of the glam days