Fractal Now Also Adding "X" After Products

supersizeme.jpg

lol,

but i´m very glad its still Version II and not Version III already.. so we still going to get some updates for current AXE FX II Models ;)

about the new features, theres is nothing in it where i think it would be good to have or a nice addition for me.. and btw the processing power is still the same as on the normal Axe FX II.

Whoops, for some reason I though I read expanded processing power! derp. I agree that it's nice they haven't rushed out the axe 3 yet but when they do I imagine it will have to have something new and interesting to keep kemper from culling sales.

As an Axe 2 owner I can totally see this fit right in with FX Junkies who like to do crazy things and run 40 pedals after each other without having to think about the processing power. And for us "1 amp and 1 cab"-guys, we still have the 2. Perfect. Can't see any reason to complain. Only thing that bothers me is that I can no longer tell folks I have the most powerful amp modeler in the world. ):

I can have more presets in my kemper which cost half the price not as cpu powerful as the axe. But produces amp sounds better in my opinion

Man as much as I would like an Axe or a Kemper, the number one thing that keeps me from pulling the trigger is the viability and longevity of digital devices. 10 years from now the kemper and axe will be obsolete, but a 5150 is always going to be cool (or even older amps if you like).

In other words, I'm pretty much always going to chose an amp over a modeler when it comes to shelling this kind of cash.

I love my Axe Fx 2. Suits me perfectly. Also stoked that this new model doesn't change anything CPU wise - especially since I've only had my axe since late last year.

Kempers also sound great too, each to their own.

The Axe-Fx II XL will have a list price of $2999.95

Not that there would be a sudden shortage of guitar-fx junkies, or fanboys out there, but..

6a00d8341e26ef53ef015434681e61970c-pi

Unless the Kemper guys don't come up with something really worth the upgrade for the distorted metal tone crowd (which, I'm guessing just as for the AxeFX, is a large chunk of their buyer base) I'd really wish they'd leave it alone, as is. It makes more sense to allow for further expansion of their user base, while setting a nice precedent for their company to offer a lifespan longer than the competition for the appeal of their product.

Man as much as I would like an Axe or a Kemper, the number one thing that keeps me from pulling the trigger is the viability and longevity of digital devices. 10 years from now the kemper and axe will be obsolete, but a 5150 is always going to be cool (or even older amps if you like).

In other words, I'm pretty much always going to chose an amp over a modeler when it comes to shelling this kind of cash.

my feelings exactly....still love my podxt:p

Because they can.

Yes apparently they or their US retailers can which is odd as the price difference was always being quoted by Kemper owners as having helped them choose between the two units. I would be surprised if Kemper themselves are behind this.

XL aside, with Kempers US price increase it is now only a few dollars cheaper than Axe 2.

Yes and no. At least with the Kemper you can haggle with dealers. I bought mine for 10% under MAP. There is no question though that they are raising their MAP price to match the Axe fx II b/c they can. I'm quite sure Kemper is behind this as there is no way all of their dealers got together and raised the MSRP and MAP. They raised the price a couple of times as the hype has grown around the unit. I think the original price was $1600 US.

Yes and no. At least with the Kemper you can haggle with dealers. I bought mine for 10% under MAP. There is no question though that they are raising their MAP price to match the Axe fx II b/c they can. I'm quite sure Kemper is behind this as there is no way all of their dealers got together and raised the MSRP and MAP. They raised the price a couple of times as the hype has grown around the unit. I think the original price was $1600 US.

I paid $1850 US for mine back in Jan 2012 when they first came out.

basically you are right but 10 years is pretty far away from now, jsut saying... :D

sure, real amps are way more fun but the AXE, kemper etc. is a very good alternative for people who do not want to "carry" a full stack to every show or just for folks who do not have the possiblities to record an amp in a proper place with proper volume.

XL aside, with Kempers US price increase it is now only a few dollars cheaper than Axe 2.

that's because the kemper can make toast now, the AXE, on the contrary just has tons of useless hi quality FX built in...