Frank Zappa

NinjaGeek

Feb 22, 2007
I'm a bit of a Zappa n00b, but I really like what I've heard so far. He's got so many albums I dunno where to start. Can someone recommend his best and craziest? Also, discuss how kickass he is.

i think frank was amazing. a one of a kind composer,musician genius-pick a word it all showcases how gifted and unique he was.

i was fortunate to see him on the "Jazz From Hell" tour 1987

he is rumoured to have left a vast vault of material called "the utility muffin kitchen".

he also stayed awake for days at a time recording

i guess that means a fair amount of the archives in the vault might be "bits and pieces" of songs

I have all his albums on CD. Here are the only ones I've so far been bothered to rip. Freak Out! is probably my favourite of all.

42076333ob6.png

Zappa is an amazing artist. One of my favorites. As for albums I'd recommend:

Hot Rats (mostly instrumental except for the song Willie the Pimp, which features Captain Beefheart on vocals)
Shut Up 'n Play Yer Guitar (Basically him jamming out solos over three discs)
Apostrophe (features mostly satirical songs)

I own Weasels Ripped My Flesh on vinyl, have yet to spin it.

That album is awesome.

I went through a huge Zappa phase. My favorite albums are Sheik Yurbouti, Bongo Fury, Weasels Ripped My Flesh, Apostrophe, Chunga's Revenge, Joe's Garage and so many others.

Zappa plays Zappa just came to town. Unfortunately, they were charging out hte ass for tickets, so I couldn't afford one. :mad:

That album is awesome.

I went through a huge Zappa phase. My favorite albums are Sheik Yurbouti, Bongo Fury, Weasels Ripped My Flesh, Apostrophe, Chunga's Revenge, Joe's Garage and so many others.

Zappa plays Zappa just came to town. Unfortunately, they were charging out hte ass for tickets, so I couldn't afford one. :mad:

I work for a security/crowd control company and I had the chance to work a ZPZ concert but I was out of town for a few weeks. REALLY would have wanted to see that.