Free black metal - Sorg Uten Tårer

Excellent. More bands should post a few free tracks, then people would be willing to shell out some cash for the whole album.

This is very cool indeed. I agree more bands should make albums and tracks available for download.

I also agree - that's why I post all my music for free. I create music because I enjoy it so much - and if you think it sucks, it didn't cost you anything. But it is so great to find music that is free, and it is actually good. (not saying mine is actually good)

Here's another black metal band with free tunes, called Bohemian Grove offering a free version of their album. This is actually a really good album.

And another, from Turkey, the band called "aaaarrghh". Yes, really. Unfortunately, you have to download each song separately, but it is free and legal, and pretty good, raw black metal with decent production.

I love people who give out free music. I don't mind people selling it, but a mix of sold music and free music is always appreciated from a consumer standpoint. It also tells me those musicians try to make quality music that they want to share with people, more than just make money.

In regards to this band, I've had a few of their demos for a while now. Its pretty good!

I love black metal and I don't have a problem with the huge amount of one man project bands but come these guys sound very much like a long line of other Norsk black metal bands. Better then some.....not as good as others. Props for posting your stuff though.

Hello,

I am female vocalist for a new band out of San Francisco called Imperial Omen. We have just started this new idea. We mix both black and death metal tendencies in one mixing clean vocals with screaming. It has worked pretty well so far. Others have tried doing it but lack the talent we have. Please if you would take a listen and enjoy.

Add.jpg

www.myspace.com/imperialomen

~Adrianna

Hello,

I am female vocalist for a new band out of San Francisco called Imperial Omen. We have just started this new idea. We mix both black and death metal tendencies in one mixing clean vocals with screaming. It has worked pretty well so far. Others have tried doing it but lack the talent we have. Please if you would take a listen and enjoy.

Add.jpg

www.myspace.com/imperialomen

~Adrianna

I'm sorry, but there is nothing more artificial and powerless sounding than new wave black/death metal with all it's "epic failness", and if you put in clean vocals, moreover to an extent of butchering what is already come out fake - irritating female vocals, then you've got a product that has already been done over and over again by people who clearly lack understanding of those more extreme genres. Your singing is mediocre and you should definitely seek out some phony power metal project to fit in. I'm writing with this approach because I'm sick of the recent 22329843984 projects that surfaced during this decade, very few have managed to do anything that a certain genre requires artistically, especially in the field of black/death metal. I know you won't but I'll say this for the sake of the very week resistance that this particular genre of metal towards pseudo-artists such as yourself has, stay away, please.

Concerning the band that the thread is about, that's just another example of butchering an already awfully mislead genre. It sounds horrendously gay, and the fact that it's a Norwegian band is very insulting for the heritage that his country has in music. Before, it was about restoring ones cultural, spiritual and racial pride and through it channeling your own individual strength into nature and creating your piece of the puzzle to help it/us evolve. Now it's about screaming powerless words about pathetic attempts at achieving superior emotion and self control. It's not just a problem of black metal, but metal in general. Go read some books.

It's not too hard to find free music if you look in the right places. A lot of record companies give away music on their sites. Sometimes it's just a 30 second sample, but many times entire tracks are available for download.

Nocturnal Art Records and Profound Lore are just a couple examples.