Free (legal) music for download

HeavyGabry

A poser in disguise
Oct 12, 2012
Italy
Internet has definitely given a way to download all the existing music we can imagine... but there are also artists (or labels) who decide to give for free albums, samplers and so on to the fans. I like listening to the music of these bands, big or small, it's a concrete approach to the problem of piracy. (first you listen, then you can buy)

I'd like to start with Power/Thrash band Savage Messiah: their latest album "Plague Of Conscience" can be download for free here, by Earache website.
Post whatever you want, not only old school bands! ;) Hope you like the idea!

No feedback at all? Let's try something different... :D
You can download "Icon" from here, last but one album from Italian instrumental "Doom" Metal band Lento. The description in that site says something more, if some of you is into more experimental Metal... :)

Internet has definitely given a way to download all the existing music we can imagine... but there are also artists (or labels) who decide to give for free albums, samplers and so on to the fans. I like listening to the music of these bands, big or small, it's a concrete approach to the problem of piracy. (first you listen, then you can buy)

I'd like to start with Power/Thrash band Savage Messiah: their latest album "Plague Of Conscience" can be download for free here, by Earache website.

That Savage Messiah album is really good. I probably never would have tried the band if it wasn't for the free download.

I downloaded the free "Plague.." album when it was released. Because of that one free download, I went out and bought all three of their albums, so it was a clever idea for the label :headbang:. I just hope more people follow suite and do the same. If they like it, that is...

More and more labels are adopting the same idea as Earache Records. They did the same for another band. Gama Bomb, I think it was?

I downloaded the free "Plague.." album when it was released. Because of that one free download, I went out and bought all three of their albums, so it was a clever idea for the label :headbang:. I just hope more people follow suite and do the same. If they like it, that is...

More and more labels are adopting the same idea as Earache Records. They did the same for another band. Gama Bomb, I think it was?

You're right! There was the latest Gama Bomb album for free download...
Let's go on with some Thrash Metal, from here you have some links to download Hospital Of Death album, called "Surge Kill Steal".

On their Last Fm page you can download some songs from a terrifying Doom/Death Metal band called Timeghoul...
There's also a physical release of their demos, however they really deserve attention.

Anyone remember the Canadian band, Mastery? They released a self financed 6 song Ep back in 2006. The style was instrumental Thrash Metal. They just released their debut album "In The Key Of Kill" and it's available as a free download. Billy Milano recorded the vocals on the album.

"In The Key Of Kill"

Anyone remember the Canadian band, Mastery? They released a self financed 6 song Ep back in 2006. The style was instrumental Thrash Metal. They just released their debut album "In The Key Of Kill" and it's available as a free download. Billy Milano recorded the vocals on the album.

"In The Key Of Kill"

Oooh, Mastery! :D
Found them in a mall for 1€, that day I took also two Seven Witches cds for the same price...
Here's a blog totally dedicated to free Experimental/Math/Prog Metal, for brave ears.

Mathcore Index