[FREE Logic Video Tutorial] TapeStop Type thingy

Waterboy

 Certified iPod Trainer
Jan 22, 2007
Baton Rouge, La.
[This was inspired by a thread I read on this forum - I have never done this effect with Logic before - so I thought I would give it a try - and I suck at it!]

I just posted a new video to give an idea of how you can use Logic's included plugin to get a TapeStop type of effect.
This is probably not the best way to do this effect - I just wanted to give an idea of one way you could get started with this process.
There are always more than one way to skin a cat in Logic - so be creative and try other things.
Hope that you enjoy.
Take care!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvQtgiXBqmw]TapeStop Type Of Thingy[/ame]

Thank you, brother.
I truly appreciate you taking the time to watch and reply.
Thanks for the kind words, too.
Hope that you take care!

hey man, i would like to really thank you for all your tutorials, i watched quite a few of them, and they have really helped me ease into logic (i recently switched from reaper)

quick question (sorry if its to simple) but how can i put different tempo markers in the song?

thanks again for your great entertaining an helpful tutorials

sash

haha i just watched the whole tutorial and you mention an answer to your my question :)

thanks again

Hi, Sash.
Thanks a ton for taking the time to watch and reply. I am glad that the videos have helped you ease into Logic.

Your question is also very much appreciated. It is really easy.
If you look in the left hand corner of you Arrange page (the main page) you will see a drop down menu labeled GLOBAL TRACKS.
Click on that little arrow.
Now (by default) you should see a few things - TEMPO being one of them.
Simply click the little arrow under TEMPO, and there you will see a time line.
Go ahead and make your adjustments there.

Of course there are a couple of other ways to do this - but that is a quick and easy one.

I hope this helps - if not, let me know and I'll do what I can for you.

Thanks again for your input.

Take care!

I am glad that you got a laugh from the video, Gojira.
Thanks very much for taking the time to watch and comment. It is always much appreciated.

@ Goddamn Guitar: that is very cool of you. Thanks for that.

You guys rawk.
I hope that you both take care!