Free Snare tci's only (Close, Room, Stereo OH)

ulverine

Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, TX
www.facebook.com
Example (Drums only): http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1261919/NOISEKILL SNARE EXAMPLE1.mp3

This was tracked through a Saffire Pro 40 at 44k/24 bit.

Top (Heil PR22)
Room (CAD M179 3 ft in front of the kit at 4 ft above the floor)
Stereo OH (Little Blondie SDC's spaced pair)

Download TCI's at http://bit.ly/RELL2b

The close TCI is already baked with some surgical cuts around 500 and 800Hz and light 1176 compression, but should handle further processing.

The example MP3 has ALL three TCI's in their own separate instance of Trigger at the same default volume in the plugin. The example has the room and OH signals compressed quite a bit post-Trigger, so you'll likely enjoy smashing those in a mix. But the room and OH TCI's themselves are completely raw.

Don't have exact details on snare but it's a 60's Ludwig tuned a little high.

Thanks a lot man. I fucking love how this snare sounds, well done. :kickass:

Thanks! And no problem man.

I really enjoy your productions. Dorian showed me some of the new Noisear full length while he was briefly living with me earlier this year. Excellent work, dude.

This tracking/sampling session was actually from KTC a couple weeks back for a 10" they're doing.

Thanks man. They are fun guys to work with, Dorian can go crazy with leads it's awesome to hear him just noodle around. I wish we could do more projects but the distance between Dal and SA is somewhat of an issue, on top of scheduling conflicts :\

One of the reasons I like the samples so much is because it reminded me of how Brian's snare sounds :lol: What a crazy coincidence it actually is his snare.

Thanks man. They are fun guys to work with, Dorian can go crazy with leads it's awesome to hear him just noodle around. I wish we could do more projects but the distance between Dal and SA is somewhat of an issue, on top of scheduling conflicts :

One of the reasons I like the samples so much is because it reminded me of how Brian's snare sounds :lol: What a crazy coincidence it actually is his snare.

Yeah, they really are! He's one of the sickest guitarists I've ever worked with. I hear you, it's a bit of a trek to SA from here. Wish I could even go down there more than I'd like.

I heard that it was a forgotten unused snare in one of Dorian's friend's garages, so he gave it to Bryan. :kickass:

+1 ... this sample is fucking awesome. sounds just like my 70's Ludwig tuned super high... might be the same snare!

Silver with the green and blue badge?

I'm not sure exactly, to be honest haha. But I did get a semi-decent picture of his setup from an earlier session this year. Same snare was used back then.

IMG_9196-1.jpg

that's the one! i fucking LOVE that thing. i should post of the samples i took of it. totally 70's out, hahahaha... tuned nice and low w/lots of dampening

Great sounding snare man, thanks!

One thing I noticed when auditioning inside of trigger however, is that the fourth maximum velocity hit is shorter than the rest and has a pop noise at the end of it.

Great sounding snare man, thanks!

One thing I noticed when auditioning inside of trigger however, is that the fourth maximum velocity hit is shorter than the rest and has a pop noise at the end of it.

Wow. I'm seriously bummed I didn't catch that because the hard drive containing the sampling session just crashed a couple days ago. Should have backed it.