Free tickets - Great White in Atlanta (Ticketmaster.com)

Harvester

The Promoter
Sep 16, 2001
www.progpowerusa.com
Complimentary* Tickets for Great White At Wild Bill's Atlanta Come join us at Wild Bill's when Great White rocks out on the Superstage! Get your complimentary* tickets to see Great White at Wild Bill's on Friday, April 24, 2009 at 9:30 PM. Click on "Find Tickets" and select up to 4 complimentary* tickets next to the box marked "Complimentary Ticket Offer." Get your tickets now -- supplies are limited!

I got that email, too. I think I'm obligated to go to Xeroderma's show opening for The Haunted that night....there are several shows of note on the 24th. (And I just found out that I forgot all about a show earlier this evening that I should have been at. :erk: )

Why is this happening? Is it because they're not selling tickets their shows? :err:

~Brian~

I'm not sure. I get emails all the time from ticketmaster for complimentary tickets to shows at Wild Bills. Usually they are for country acts though. I've always wondered if it's because the tickets aren't selling well.

I'm not sure. I get emails all the time from ticketmaster for complimentary tickets to shows at Wild Bills. Usually they are for country acts though. I've always wondered if it's because the tickets aren't selling well.
They never send me diddly-squat about FREE tickets, damn them!:mad::heh::saint:

This is pretty common for shows at Wild Bill's IME (rock ones anyway). Don't know why exactly, but don't much care either. :)

That's odd! I've just never heard of a place giving away free tickets, unless they were forced to for some reason.

Great White recently played in my area, but they weren't giving away free tickets.

~Brian~

That's odd! I've just never heard of a place giving away free tickets, unless they were forced to for some reason.

Great White recently played in my area, but they weren't giving away free tickets.

It happened for Skid Row, and one other band that I didn't go see (don't remember who), and that's been within the past year. So "fairly common"=3 times in a year for me I guess. :)

I guess they figure they're not going to make money on ticket sales, but if they can get people to come out, they will make a killing on alcohol sales. *shrug*

It happened for Skid Row, and one other band that I didn't go see (don't remember who), and that's been within the past year. So "fairly common"=3 times in a year for me I guess. :)

I guess they figure they're not going to make money on ticket sales, but if they can get people to come out, they will make a killing on alcohol sales. *shrug*

MaKES "CENTS" TO ME.:lol::kickass:

Did anyone else make it to this poorly attended show? Great White killed. I've been wanting to see that band live since 1986 and they did not disappoint. And coming just 6 days after seeing Y&T (finally) was the icing on the cake.

Oh, and the opening band, a local act called Lifeforce, was an absolute blast. They're a family act (a father and his three teenage kids) doing full-on AOR. They played a great mix of covers and original material, and seemed to be having a lot of fun on stage.

Justin

They've done this twice now in Hollywood for shows at the House of blues. First they put them on the 2 for Tues...then after a bit they'll send an email offering comps.

Maybe ticketmaster should cop a clue and reduce all their charges:guh: