Friedman interview

Weapon X

Raised to be Lowered
Jul 25, 2002
Ontario, Canada
Visit site
JayKeeley did a really good interview. I was surprised to be honest. No questions on Mustaine or reforming Megadeth, Megadeth stories blah blah blah, I know some interviewers would of gone there a little more aggressively. I'm glad you didn't, as he isn't or hasn't been in that group for a while. It's good to know what he's doing and where he's going.

But all his answers seem pretty short. Is he that quiet? What was your impression on him? He could of expanded on his answers, they are all like one sentence answers.

Thanks,

Yeah he is a man of few (typed) words. It ended up being an e-mail interview. I wanted to get this interview in time for the release of Music for Speeding, and he was just about to get on a plane to Japan for a promotional run...hence, the e-mail conversation.

At the end, where he apologizes for the delay - it took me about 2.5 months to get his responses....I was even in two mind about publishing it just due to him being so 'short', but you know, it's friggin Marty Friedman.

I'm a big fan of his solo music as well as what he did with Megadeth. I dunno...I guess he's used to the big time MTV type coverage.

Had this been a telephone interview, I would have pressed him a whole lot more on Megadeth - particularly the stuff he said on the VH-1 special re: missing out on the Budokan because Mustaine was back chasing the dragon.

The only person who fucked Megadeth up was Mustaine. That whole arm thing is bullshit.