Fripp to appear on next PT's record

Feb 16, 2006
Porcupine Tree, whose new album I have been invited to play on (an offer which I have gratefully accepted), has a different musical sensibility to that of Tool. Obviously: both bands have their own character & individuality & both require an appropriate response. When I go to PT material, it’s with a more considered approach; with Tool, my response is primarily instinctive. Tool: strap on & rock out! Porcupine Tree: listen, absorb, respond.

Great minds think alike !

Didn't he play on the last PT album? I think it was the solo for Deadwing. Maybe that was someone else...

Didn't he play on the last PT album? I think it was the solo for Deadwing. Maybe that was someone else...

Fripp opened for PT on a couple of special shows on the Deadwing tour (one of which I was lucky enough to attend)... Adrian Belew actually played solos on "Deadwing" and "Halo".

Wow, this could be awesome. I've only heard amazing things about PT's new material which they performed live recently.

Fripp played on No-Man's Flowermouth. How many of you have heard THAT?

Me.

A 7 second Fripp sample was also looped and used for Bass Communion's "Drugged" piece, which itself was reworked over a number of BC albums.