From Metal Maiden to Soul Diva

Air Raid Siren

Maidens' Vox
Apr 26, 2004
My City Of Angels
www.myspace.com
Hey if ya don't have any plans for St. Patty's Day, here's a last minute option for ya. Come on out to McCormick and Schmick's Seafood Restaurant (GREAT FOOD! NO COVER!) from 5-9 pm in downtown L.A. Located at: 633 West Fifth St. (213) 629-1929 and watch me become a musical chameleon with the Bruce Conte Band. :D

It's a kickass band, with some pretty heavy hitters - the always amazing Bruce Conte on guitar, Ruben Valtierra (Weird Al) on keys (he's an absolute riot and a great player!), Johnny Friday (Natalie Cole, Tom Scott, GRP Allstars) on drums and my favorite boy bassist, Lynn Woolever (aka "Rocco Pastorius" - come find out why!) who played with me in the Clarence Clemons project.

It'll be Old School R&B night all the way with songs from Bruce's days with the Tower of Power - watch Ruben morph into a keyboard player AND the Tower of Power horns :yow: - his solo releases, as well as some classic R&B. Don't laugh at me if he throws in some disco!!! :eek: They're silly songs but the crowd loves that stuff (especially after a couple of pitchers of beer!) :kickass: It's all good fun. Make sure ya say hi if ya make it out. Hope too see some of ya.

Doodoobubbachuck said:
Hey chickadee! I heard thru the grapevine that you were soundin smokin' tonight! :hotjump: I soooooooooo wish I could have been there. ;)

Thanks sweetie! :oops:
It was a fun gig - many thanks to the peeps who made it out, considering how last minute it was!
I'm still thinking of their coconut crusted mahi mahi... MMMMMM.......but the best part (besides singing all that great old school R&B) were all the random Maiden/MaidenS fans I ran into. So many peeps kept coming up and asking me "Hey, don't you sing with the Iron Maidens?"- from the guy who manages the bank building building (who had brought his whole family to our Galaxy Show!) to the guys who were running the Heinekin promotion at the venue (it was a riot - one of them was flashing me the metal hand while I was singing an Aretha tune and the other kept looking at his phone screen, then back at me. When I went up to talk to them on the break, he had our band picture in his phone!!!). :tickled:
Just goes to show -Maiden fans are EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!!!!!:headbang::headbang::headbang:

Hey Aja, I've heard your soul singing on your website. Just when I thought you couldn't be any more talented. Your voice is so sultry and rich. I'll always be a die hard fan no matter what genre of music to lend your vox to!! :worship:

Thanks Patricia!
That's what I love about you guys- you're all true music lovers who don't limit yourselves to only 1 flavor. Who knows which direction my songwriting is headed now!! Delving so deeply into Maiden has been really inspiring for me.
It's so exciting - the possibilities are endless!

To all of the sickest Maidens fans who saw Aja last night you know who you are. You are the sickest of them all.

Once again Aja documented her status of the greatest vocal genius of our time. Beyond the strictly vocal logistics which one needs to pull this off they need to know how to move when theyr'e not singing and how to joke with the band and the audience.

Aja is the Messiah of Rock & Roll.

"Sure it ain't right
But as the sayin' goes it's might
Who decides who is stayin' and who'll be goin'"

Dee Snider

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

So I'm drinking a green Heinekin at a St. Patrick's Day party in downtown L.A. (where I was working that week), socializing etc. while listening to a very tight soul/R&B band. I couldn't see the band because there were so many people, but while listening I swore the female vocals sounded a bit like Aja. There was one song, not sure if it was "Hot Hot Hot" or not, but a high end vocal blast was the strongest sign. My intuition was confirmed today reading the message board! How cool! I should have fought thru the crowd to yell "Powerslave" or something, but I figure I'd leave well enough alone. hehe. Nice job Aja - Scream for me downtown L.A.!!!

See ya at Paladino's next month!!!
(Being from the South Bay, I don't particularly like living in "the valley". But there is one nice benefit. I live 3 miles from Paladino's!)

Up the Irons! The Vit

The Vit said:
So I'm drinking a green Heinekin at a St. Patrick's Day party in downtown L.A. (where I was working that week), socializing etc. while listening to a very tight soul/R&B band. I couldn't see the band because there were so many people, but while listening I swore the female vocals sounded a bit like Aja. There was one song, not sure if it was "Hot Hot Hot" or not, but a high end vocal blast was the strongest sign. My intuition was confirmed today reading the message board! How cool! I should have fought thru the crowd to yell "Powerslave" or something, but I figure I'd leave well enough alone. hehe. Nice job Aja - Scream for me downtown L.A.!!!

See ya at Paladino's next month!!!
(Being from the South Bay, I don't particularly like living in "the valley". But there is one nice benefit. I live 3 miles from Paladino's!)

Up the Irons! The Vit

That's too funny - wow, good ears, Vit! :headbang:
Wish ya would've pushed through the crowd to say hi ( but it was pretty packed that set, I know). It would have been a hoot.

(I'm trying to imagine Bruce Conte playing dual screaming guitar leads....all by himself! :lol: Can't do it... :loco:..... it does not compute!)

See you at the next Paladino's show! :D

HobbesDawg said:
Next time I head down to Cali I'll check your schedule Aja, would love to hear some blues and R&B :)

I'm usually in Vegas at the Orleans Hotel when I do the Blues/R&B thang with Bruce. But lately, it's been more Bruce than Boogie - seems like 90% of my live Cali gigs are with the Maidens now. Which is just the way I like it, cuz this band really is where my heart is! :Spin:
But if you PM me your email address, I'll put you on my list for my little newsletter so you'll know the where and the when, just in case you're in the neighborhood!