Frontiers Records Press Release: Michael Kiske To Perform With Helloween

I got into them with Walls of Jericho.
I was lucky to have an older brother who was into metal.
We were huge fans of all the Noise Records bands...

Wow...you've been into Power Metal that long? Way to hold on... :p ;)

And I was the same way with Noise...and Magna Carta for while there...when it was hard to get/find Power & Prog stuff here in the states. Anyone remember Altura? Killer band ala Dream Theater...bit too much of a clone, but still very good.

Speaking of DT clones (1st batch anyway), anyone remember Mayadome?

First time i heard helloween was mr. torture from the dark ride.
then i heard stuff from various albums. from Walls of Jericho-the Dark Ride.

bought Better than Raw and was blown away. then started to collect the deris albums. now im trying to save cash for the earlier stuff. Kiske was a great singer. hell even kai hansen. hence my enjoyment in Gamma Ray

Wow...you've been into Power Metal that long? Way to hold on... :p ;)

Ha!! Well, I did get out of metal for a majority of the 90's...
This was when the Florida death metal scene was on the rise, and most thrash bands began putting out sub-par material.

My interest in cross-over eventually led being exposed to a lot of the 80's US hardcore bands, and then lots of punk stuff....

It was exposure to bands like Iced Earth and HammerFall in the late 90's (as well as attending a Manowar gig at JackHammer's) that brought me back to the metal circle.....

heard the invisible man and the tale that wasn't right on teh myspace.

personnaly the best song to me on the Dark Ride was The Departed (sun is going down)

it bums me out that both Helloween and Gamma Ray are on tour and i won't see them...=(

They are good albums & yes, Andy is a good vocalist...but it just isn't Helloween to me. Also, what a big reason may be is that Kiske got out at the perfect time...just as Helloween started getting samey & stale. Plus, I got into them during the Keeper Part I era, so I'd already been a fan for years.

When did you get into them? I can completely understand the Helloween love post-Kiske if you got into them later, but I was already growing weary for even Kiske's last album with them.

I got into them when Keeper Part 1 was released in cassette!!!!

True...Matos may not be the best singer & one can argue that Edu is definitely better...but with Matos left the killer songwriting. Sorry, but nothing they did after he left can even hold a candle to Angels Cry or the absolutely amazing Holyland!! Which, BTW, are the ONLY reasons why Angra was even put on the metal map!!!

HOLYLAND is an amazing disc.....I listen to that disc still and it holds up so well....timeless.