FS: Apple PowerBook G4 laptop (fully loaded)

Kazrog

Kazrog, Inc.
Mar 6, 2002
California
kazrog.com
So, I'm selling my old PowerBook G4, since I don't really need two Mac laptops at the moment, and I'm buying a house. This still makes a great machine for a mobile recording/editing rig and also for general purpose use. It's a great chance to get a Mac with really good specs (100 gig HD and 1.25 gig ram) for really cheap.

PowerBook G4 auction (click me.)

Happy bidding, and let me know if you have any questions! :kickass:

When can we expect the auction for your kidney?

:lol:

After that show in Burbank where my PowerBook cooked itself and magically slowed down our songs while we were all passing out on stage from heat stroke, I'm leaning more in the direction of my iPod nano for backing tracks and *gasp* using my HD147's foot controller for patch changes like a real man instead of relying on sequenced MIDI changes. I think it will make life much easier.

The PowerBook runs great, just don't run Digital Performer in 110 degree weather! :hotjump:

I'm leaning more in the direction of my iPod nano for backing tracks

I'm curious as to how you'd make this work; would the left channel be with the click for you guys, and the right be for your backing tracks? I assume synths in mono wouldn't be so terrible in a live environment, but I was curious as to what your experience was with this, cuz when I get another band together we'll be doing the same!

I'm curious as to how you'd make this work; would the left channel be with the click for you guys, and the right be for your backing tracks? I assume synths in mono wouldn't be so terrible in a live environment, but I was curious as to what your experience was with this, cuz when I get another band together we'll be doing the same!

Yeah that's the most typical approach, and should work just fine for us. It's a lot easier to prepare mixes this way than trying to get artsy with stem mixes and audio interface routing. Most venues we've played won't support true stereo split anyway, at least not in the kind of hurried setup times we have. Most of the time I did a mono fold-down to avoid any issues at shows, so it's silly wanking with a full computer rig live.

Hey Shane could you PM me the final price this goes for? I am probably going to sell mine (same specs slightly faster cpu) soon and get a dual core powermac G5. Just got to find out if it's worth the sqeeze.

Screw PMs, I got $575 even, plus shipping. Not bad for a dented up PowerBook with a bent power adapter connector. w00t!

I have nothing to hide after that botched 6505+ auction (thank god that didn't sell for that low price.) :lol: