FS: Baron Custom Amps DHG BM/K2

lolzgreg

Cereal Shipping Sneapster
Dec 17, 2008
Long Beach, New York
Baron%20DHG.jpg

Hello folks!

Up for sale in my Baron DHG BM/K2 head. It is covered in GREEN snakeskin vinyl. I scoured the internet to find the stuff, and I believe it may be the only guitar head you'll see with the stuff.

This amp covers the heavier territory and is no wimp whatsoever. You can get distortion on the verge of breakup or a lot of saturation with the play on the gain knobs. I'm sick of so many amplifiers having useless gain controls that have non-existent range. It's not the case with this dual high gain head. There is no clean channel, but clean is for wimps anyway :lol: :LOL: However, both of the gain channels are foot-switchable with a 1/4 phone plug single button sucker like this (http://www.mojotone.com/amp-parts/a...Blk-Footswitch-Assbly-w-1-4-Plug#.UtrskfYo5ZU) No footswitch is included with the amp, but I am reflecting the whopping $20 purchase of one in the price :lol: :LOL:

The K2 channel is very big and bold with some real meat in the midrange. The BM channel has the Kerrang and rip. Both channels are adequately tight that no boost is needed for modern playing.

Here is a clip of the BM channel, unboosted: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1569935/Baron British Metal Thrash.wav

The amp has an ultra-transparent effects loop that is always active and has a +4/-10 control for pedals or rack gear.

The amp is loaded with Chinese HG+ and HG tubes in the preamp and Sovtek 6L6WXT+ in the power amp. It can also accept EL34 with no issues.

The amplifier is in mint, like-new condition. The aluminum knobs ($140 value) are included; however, they will not allow full rotation on the shafts because they touch the head and tail of the adjacent knob if they are at 3 or 9 o'clock; this isn't an issue to me, but if it is to you, there is a set of chicken heads that I know will fit 100%

My Price is $1350.00 shipped CONUS Paypal Gift, OBO. Reasonable offers will gladly be considered.

If you have any questions whatsoever, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Cheers,

Greg