FS/FT: CUSTOM Ibanez RG7620 7 string w/ custom finish/electronics

xAzagthothx

likes jambands, too
Sep 8, 2009
Aight, this is a DEFINITELY one-of-a-kind WAY unique guitar. Its an Ibanez RG7620/RG7420 mash up... RG7420 body/trem with 7620 neck and pickups (Dimarzio Blaze).

man, this is hard to explain, lol, because the RG7620 and RG7420 have the SAME bodies... and the differences were everything else, so this is basically an Ibanez RG7620 with a Lo TRS7 locking trem system.

But okay:

body: American Basswood (purchased as RG7420, but is the same body as with the RG7620)

bridge: Lo TRS7 FLOATING tremolo. can go UP AND DOWN b/c of routed-out body

Neck: 3-piece maple Wizard 7, taken from an RG7620

ALSO**** the neck HAS BEEN SANDED WITH STEEL WOOL!!!! It no longer has that laquer finish that makes your thumb stick to it when you get sweaty and are playing fast. You wouldn't BELIEVE how smooth and fast it is now!!! I'm doing this to all of my guitars... I don't get why they don't send them out like this. Its fucking BUTTER. You'll seriously never go back to a finished neck with coats of lacquer.

Pickups: Dimarzio Blaze, taken from an RG7620, with custom 3-way selector switch

now: THE CUSTOMIZATIONS!!!

-This guitar has the tone control removed, and is outfitted with only a single volume knob. This allows the pickups TRUE sound to come through the amp.

-This guitar has a gray stone grit finish to it. Its gritty and rough, but actually remarkably smooth. Its seriously way cool. I don't think I've ever seen a guitar with a finish like this.

-Like i said earlier, this has a 3-way selector switch installed instead of the 5-way that comes with the RG7620

-and as i said earlier, the neck is sanded, with the lacquer coating removed. You have no idea how slick and fast this is now, unless you've got a sanded-neck guitar.

So thats about it. This is a used guitar, but its in GREAT condition. Its got a couple small chips in the stone finish along the inside edge, by the bottom strap peg, presumably from repeated non-guitar-stand use (not by me!).

Ideally, I'm lookin to get only $600 for it, and I'll ship it for free. The serial # on the neck is F9936322. And the pole pieces are adjustable on BOTH coils of the humbuckers, so thats how you know they're Dimarzio's. The ones on RG7420's only have one coil w/ adjustable pole pieces.

I'd also be willing to work out trades for:

Jackson Warrior WRXT
Bugera 6262 or 6260
Peavey 5150 head

i'm open to "suggestions" too, lol

BlMVCGkKGrHgoOKjIEjlLmYd13BKe1loH1g.jpg

B78CogBmkKGrHgoOKiUEjlLmV48BKe1lsGu.jpg