FS/FT: Rocktron Vendetta Tube Head

lolzgreg

Cereal Shipping Sneapster
Dec 17, 2008
Long Beach, New York
http://newyork.craigslist.org/lgi/msg/1061146487.html

The post here says it all. I've grown pretty comfortable with people in this forum and will gladly ship it to anyone who is interested.

I'm looking for $1200 or a trade for a Mesa/Boogie Stiletto, Mesa Standard Oversized 4x12 w/ V30s, A Krank Revolution + or anything good. All reasonable offers will be considered. Price semi-negotiable.

Clips of the amp if you're too lazy to go to the craigslist page:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=913054&content=music

Honestly dude, I think people are probably a bit wary to shell out $1200 on such an unknown (I've never heard ANYTHING about Rocktron tube amps), but those clips sound pretty damn good (even if they're both the same riff repeated over and over and over and over and over... :D), and my old XPression was built fantastically so I have a lot of faith in the company - hopefully someone adventurous will take the plunge! (I have no moneys, so no way I could :erk: )

I'll gladly offer the amp on a trial basis to anyone as long as they PROMISE to pay for return shipping back to me. I really wanna trade this for another amp or cab, I'm looking for all reasonable offers.

Last year one of those was on ebay Germany and I nearly bought it - especially after I read, that Egnater designed it. But I - like Metaltastic - have never heard anything about Rocktron Tubeamps before and thus someone else got it ... for a veeeeery good price :(

I'm practically giving the thing away here. It has new preamp and poweramp tubes (JJ/Teslas) with LESS THAN two hours on them. You won't need a retube for at least two years if you aren't gigging daily.

I'm just on the search for something else. I really dig the Mesa Stietto, The Krank Rev+ and anything else promising. I said I'll consider any reasonable offer for any piece of gear.

I think the Rocktron name makes it a hard sale buddy. That's unfortunate since I know that's a well built amp. Hope it works out for you...

I played in a band with a guy that had one, it sounded pretty cool. We were playing rock music not metal so I never got to hear it with alot of gain.

The amp is no longer available, I brought to my favorite techs to rip it apart, re-voice, re-bias and re-build. (Not that there was anything wrong with it to begin with, but it didn't suit my tastes and my favorite techs have a way of working magic with any amp). Clips to follow.

He's doing a lot, he always does.

Whenever I think an amp has potential to be absolutely br00talz (and my taste is very rich, as they may say), I mod it till I'm happy.

First they're calling Bruce Egnater and explaining what I dislike and asking him what HE recommends. Then they're going to use their ears for the rest. They actually consider me in the top two of their most knowledgable and discerning customers when it comes to guitar amplifiers (and this is a company thats been around (publically) since 1986 and who has been doing this kind of work since they were fetuses).

I am:

Getting 6550's instead of EL34's installed (to tighten up the low end some more and make the amp more aggressive).

Changing the EQ point in the channels to suit the amp better (according to me that is and themselves). I noticed that the amp was GOOD the way it was and maybe even great (I though the clips I did had some nice tone), but the thing is so few people have actually heard of them no one wanted to buy it. I'm changing the Q value of the EQ to be more broad and moving the bass, mid, treble and presence controls as well as the mid-shift throughout the spectrum to make the amp a bit more musical. I'm also going to have him boost the gain of the amp a tad.

Whatever else they find necessary, they'll do. When they opened the amp they said the build quality was very very good, it was well put together and well designed, but needed some tweaking to be in the big leagues. You should hear my 5150II in person, you'd probably shit yourself. It sounds THAT good.

As soon as I can get the parents out of the house, I'll do clips. Its got the most intense and powerful low-midrange that NEVER gets muddy and just CHUGGA CHUGGA CHUGGAS. It barks and bites, more like a recto, but has this cohesive character that makes it very special.