FS: Ibanez BTB705DX (Australia)

Ermz

¯\(°_o)/¯
Apr 5, 2002
Melbourne, Australia
www.myspace.com
For sale is my Ibanez BTB705DX studio bass. It has only ever left the studio to be serviced, never gigged, and in perfect condition. As good as the day it was bought. Freshly serviced, with brand new, virtually unused strings.

It is the best looking and best playing bass guitar I've ever used.

Pictures:

BTB705DX-2.jpg

BTB705DX.jpg

Hardware:

neck type: 5pc BTB5 Maple/Bubinga neck-thru
body: Ash wing body
fret: Medium frets
bridge: MR-2 bridge (19mm string spacing)
neck pu: EMG® 40DC neck pu
bridge pu: EMG® 40DC bridge pu
equaliser: Vari-Mid III 3-band eq
string: Elixir® strings
hardware color: Black

Creates a warm, mid-rich tone due to the neck-thru construction and Ash body. It can also be tweaked for tighter, brighter tones, and was used on In Malice's Wake's 'The Thrashening' record, which you can hear: http://youtu.be/lmo0HO401Go

Price: $1,000

Why the sell Ermz?
IIRC you did a lot of researching before getting this?
Once tried that thing in a music shop, and it's pretty killer indeed

It was a really, really hard decision, Mago. This bass satisfies every single one of my criteria for the instrument, but the tone just isn't what I'm after. Whenever I look at the photos I took, I immediately want to take the sale down. Looks gorgeous, playability is killer, the scale and neck is perfect. I'm just running out of space at the moment, and money is tight, so I'd be using this sale to finance some of my other gear exploits.

Here's a high quality encoding of this bass in a metal context: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/285689/Music/In Malice's Wake - Nuclear Shadow.mp3

I picture that...it really plays and feels pretty good, and also sounded nice through the amp...was lucky as it was pretty new and strings still had some clank.
Don't know how it's DI's sound though

I must confess I never was a huge fan of the IMW sound and production in generall, also because of the bass...but I'm not huge on that kind of distortion on basses, sounds like too "farting" for me, if you get what I mean ;)

Will you continue on your Bass quest, or lay it to rest for a while to get other stuff?

Well that's fair enough, when it comes to aesthetics everyone is different. I know that because every 'published' review I've read has praised the sound of the record, with some mentioning the bass specifically.

Anyway, it's a good instrument at the end of the day, so I hope someone picks it up and gives it good use.

Yeah of course I wasn't talking about quality at all, but only about my personal preference.
edit: nevermind, found the answer in another thread.