FS: Mesa OS Cab, THD Hotplate and M-Audio Firewire solo. (Aussies only)

GuitarHack

Krank it UP!
Sep 3, 2006
Victoria, Australia
Title says it all:

Mesa Standard (Oversize) Slant. Absolutely immaculate condition, 7 months old. $1500

THD Hotplate 8 Ohms Purple. Absolutely immaculate condition. Stored in box.
$400

M-Audio Firewire Solo Interface. Excellent condition (small scratch in paintwork on back, otherwise it would be immaculate also) stored in box. There is no powersupply included. It is bus-powered so it doesn't need the power supply for standard 6-pin Firewire ports. It would only be around $10 anyway to buy one. $200.

Ermin, Dan, Poida feel free to spread the word. Can provide pics.

Cheers. :kickass:

JESUS CHRIST HACK WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU!?!?!? WILL IT NEVER END!?!?!? :lol: Seriously though, SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many awesome tones have been had with the Mesa Slant OS cab, since the straight hasn't been on the market for more than two years (this was their bottom cab up until then, strangely), and I assume that's what you're planning on replacing it with. Go for a new interface and another 57 first methinks! Unless of course there are other reasons for the sale (your significant other, perhaps? ;))

Are you giving up the search for tone, dude?

The Hotplate sounds like something I could make use of, but even at that price point is a bit too much for the sort of benefit it would provide over a straight dummy load (impulse recording).

Cheers guys. No this isn't financially related or anything else. I am just spending too much time tweaking/recording/tweaking/recording and not really enjoying it at the moment so I am thinking of taking a break. If I manage to sell off the cab and hotplate, then I will not be able to record anything, forcing me to take a break. :lol: Who knows, in a couple of months I might want to have a go again and pick up another cab. ENGL, Mesa, I don't know.

You guys here let me know if there is any interest in any of the gear. If not, off to the 'bay they go.

Cheers.

Glad to know that it's nothing to do with the recent bush fires, and maybe taking a break will give you a fresh perspective if/when you come back to it.

I'm really considering the cab there... Though knowing so many people with Mesa endorsements I can get one for not that much more new.. hmmm... what to do what to do eh.

Anyway I'm sorry to hear you're out of the game mate. The gear is definitely one never-ending money well. One I've taken the plunge into at the moment.

Good luck with the sales.

PS. Did you at least want to bring the cab down to a reamp session over at Pony before you sell it off? :heh:

Kind of a good way to compare fizz as we'd likely have a Traditional cab side by side with the prick.

Jesus GuitarHack...i was planning to reamp some guitars with you in the next couple of months...so sad for me aha :(

Anyway...hope you miss the tweaking and get your ass back to the bussines as soon as posible bro!

Your tones and impulses are amazing!

Well I am considering keeping the cab and just packing it all away for a while. So in a couple of months I might have the urge again. Drop me a PM when you are ready if you are still interested and we can see how we go.

PS. Did you at least want to bring the cab down to a reamp session over at Pony before you sell it off? :heh:

Kind of a good way to compare fizz as we'd likely have a Traditional cab side by side with the prick.

I could still be up for that, although forget the Trad Cab. I know I don't like that one so much. Let me know when you want to do it and I will see if I am free.

@Dan - Definitely keeping the X-amp, sorry. I'm still in 2 minds about the cab. I will decide by the weekend. I don't want to sell it and then in 2 months discover I want another Mesa OS again and pay the ridiculous new price again, for the third time nonetheless.

I would keep the cab, mate. You can't really upgrade from it. The general consensus by so many of us is that it's the best cab for high-gain tones currently out. I imagine you would undoubtably regret selling it.

I'll give you a heads up on if a reamp session ends up happening at the studio. It's not 100% yet. Worst case scenario you can come with me to a mate's place who also has an OS cab and dual recto, and I'll end up doing the reamping there.