FS: Mesa OS Cab, THD Hotplate and M-Audio Firewire solo. (Aussies only)

Ermin, yeah you are more than likely right. Getting rid of it was just a definite way to force myself to have a break. An expensive turn-around though when I want to get back into it................and I will....................I can't help myself. :lol: Let me know either way about the reamping and I could bring my gear down (heads, cab, x-amp, 808...) Looks like my 6505 mains fuse blowing today was due to the ohms selector being bumped into the wrong position. :zombie: I opened it up and threw the ohm-meter around and couldn't see anything bad. I may have missed one of the windings on the tranny though. :heh: I will know tomorrow when I get some more fuses. See, I am addicted, I can't stop tinkering. :heh:

EDIT: Cheers Hades. You guys like me being addicted, dont you. :lol:

Well hey if you want a definite way to force yourself to take a break you could always offload the cab to me for a few months :heh:

It might be nice to reamp with the 3 of us. We're all actually really pedantic characters so it would be a hell of a day.

Well hey if you want a definite way to force yourself to take a break you could always offload the cab to me for a few months :heh:

It might be nice to reamp with the 3 of us. We're all actually really pedantic characters so it would be a hell of a day.

I have serious OCD when it comes to looking after my gear. I don't think I could sleep if I hadn't packed it away nicely here let alone somewhere else..........................yeah I have issues. :heh: That's why all my gear stays in pristine condition. I cringed at the Malice gig when I saw my old Mesa cab on it's side. I wanted to stand it up the right way. :lol: :zombie:

All of us being pedantic sounds like a recipe for either disaster or Great Success. :lol: I definitely want to do it.

Recto, 6505, Krank, Mesa OS, the possibilities are endless. :headbang:

I was going to say that from my end haha.

Guys, where did you get your reamp units? While I'm at it, which one should I get? :p

I think a reamp will really let me seperate my playing and micing session so that I can begin doing the two properly.

If you only need a reamp unit, then get the plain Cunniberti device, the Reamp. If you need a reamp/passive DI in one unit, get the Little Labs Red Eye. It works fine enough with active PUs, but will suck high-end out of passives.

Does the "high end sucking" happen in the DI stage, or the reamp stage? I'm assuming the DI stage based on things I've read around here and the wording of your post.
At this point I'd probably be more after somthing that I can use with the C1/ passives.

Maybe if I could borrow your unit I could compare it to the instrument inputs on the Onyx? No rush though. Only just starting to do the research.

Happens in the DI stage. The Red Eye is a good sounding reamp unit. Not so great as a DI... adequate, but not fantastic. For active PUs it barely matters though. So if you're tracking mainly the C7, you'd be fine with it.

I may record a quick clip with my C1 through the Onyx next time I change the strings & send it to you for critique. If I could get away with using the Onyx instrument in for the C1 and the Redeye for the C7 and all reamping it would be an ideal situation.

Happens in the DI stage. The Red Eye is a good sounding reamp unit. Not so great as a DI... adequate, but not fantastic. For active PUs it barely matters though. So if you're tracking mainly the C7, you'd be fine with it.

Yup, agreed! (especially with the bold-faced part)

And btw, in my DI box shootout, I didn't think the hi-end sucking on a passive pickup was that bad with the Redeye - but here's the thread (with links to both the DI files themselves and them re-amped through my wool-machine Stiletto cab), so judge for yourselves!