FS: Pearl Ultracast 14x6.5" snare drum (UK)

Nolly

Apr 24, 2009
Bath, UK
Hi guys,

I'm selling my 4 month old Pearl Ultracast 14x6.5" snare, it was bought for a recording project that never panned out and as such is in mint condition, having been hit probably less than 100 times total. This is one of Pearl's premium snares and features their top quality hardware. It's a 3mm thick aluminium drum and falls somewhere in between the Brass Reference and a powerful wood snare, with a lovely articulate smack, lots of depth and power. Perfect for rock and metal drummers both live and in the studio, but versatile enough for almost any gig.

Copying from Pearl's sales blurb:

"The UltraCast is our exclusive precision-milled, cast aluminum shell snare drum. At 3mm thick, this is one of the thickest metal drums you’ll find. Aluminum is a relatively soft metal, and provides the warm, round, full bodied tone of a wood shell snare. However, it also possesses the crack, volume and projection provided by a metal snare. No other snare drum can offer this perfect compromise between wood and metal. Since UltraCast is a milled cast aluminum shell, its bearing edges are precision-cut and perfect every time. This provides ease of tuning and perfect head seating around the entire circumference of the drum."

It currently has a very lightly used Remo Controlled Sound batter head and Ambassador reso, plus I'll include the completely unused Coated Ambassador batter head it came with. Original box and packaging too.

These snares RRP at over £700 and retail around £550, I'll sell for £425 + postage anywhere in the EU. If you're interested, email me at nolly [dot] periphery [at] gmail [dot] com (without the spaces, obviously!)

RSFMOLES-1.jpg

Youtube demo by Memphis Drum Shop:

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator: