FS: PTHD3 Accel w/ 192 i/o + a/d upgrade + ilok and licenses

joeymusicguy

Sep 21, 2006
indiana
www.myspace.com
selling my pro tools rig. its an hd3 accel w/ 192 i/o + a/d upgrade, licenses and ilok included. retail = $19,285.00, sell = $11,000.00

please contact me via email @ joeyismusic@yahoo.com

I've only used this stuff for two recording sessions, both of which lasted over a period of 2 months. Everything is in great condition and practically brand new.

I am also including the DB25 cables. I have an 8 xlr in and 8 xlr out

If I wouldn't have that very huge hunch that the current generation PTHD systems are going down the toilet & upgraded with next generation in the next few years and I wouldn't live in Europe, I would buy this from ya.

Same feeling... Damn, I hate this:bah:

If I wouldn't have that very huge hunch that the current generation PTHD systems are going down the toilet & upgraded with next generation in the next few years and I wouldn't live in Europe, I would buy this from ya.

funny thing is, people have been saying this for like 4 years now...

of course now HD is getting matched/beat by native systems, so i guess it's probably all the more true at this point

i dunno... post production film houses spend a lot more money than small project/freelance studios.

digidesign won't be around to see it... but as soon as avid starts collecting revenues from digi, avid will introduce newer systems.

this is actually something i would like to see.

gahh! i really wish i would have known you were going to sell your rig before i bought mine, joey.

i only got the hd2 & 96i/o ...and it was more than what you are charging. that is a really great deal!

maybe i will try and sell mine... then buy yours! :lol:

i dunno... post production film houses spend a lot more money than small project/freelance studios.

digidesign won't be around to see it... but as soon as avid starts collecting revenues from digi, avid will introduce newer systems.

this is actually something i would like to see.

Sorry for the offtopic: (but I've seen this misunderstanding several times)

Avid bought Digidesign in 1995, they decided this year to end with the brand Digidesign and adopted their name ( AVID ) instead of Digidesign.

So nothing changed inside the company.

Sorry for the offtopic: (but I've seen this misunderstanding several times)

Avid bought Digidesign in 1995, they decided this year to end with the brand Digidesign and adopted their name ( AVID ) instead of Digidesign.

So nothing changed inside the company.

except for the fact that they laid-off 87 employees and fired all of their contractor programmers.

avid did purchase digidesign in the 90's however their policies and assets were completely separate until now... usually when a company does short handed lay-offs and starts merging their acquisitions, it usually means that they are bottle necking their resources into that company.

also,

Quote from Avid:
What does this mean for the Digidesign product lines?
You’ve seen a taste of what can be accomplished when we work together—products like Pro Tools M-Powered, Video Satellite between Media Composer and Pro Tools, the DSM monitors, and Sibelius integration into Pro Tools. Moving forward, audio and video are going to be equally important for Avid. We’re totally committed to Pro Tools, VENUE, ICON, and all the other product lines that used to be branded under Digidesign. Combining forces with the other Avid companies means more resources for our R&D department to work with, enabling us to release more great products than ever. We’re also committed to expanding our product lines further—in fact, we have some incredible new audio products in store for 2010 and beyond…

btw, eddy!

i am extremely inspired by your studio construction thread. (i have a lot of respect for your determination & insight)

*sorry to monopolize the thread, joey! :lol:

except for the fact that they laid-off 87 employees and fired all of their contractor programmers.

wow, didn't knew that. But that doesn't surprise me much to be honest, that's becoming very common nowadays, in order to keep the company competitive you have to put a lot of employes in layoff :rolleyes:

btw, eddy!

i am extremely inspired by your studio construction thread. (i have a lot of respect for your determination & insight)

Thanks a lot for the nice words :kickass:

*sorry to monopolize the thread, joey! :lol:

Me too.
At least it's a free bump :lol: