FS/T: Gibson Les Paul BFG - FULLY LOADED!

MatrixClaw

May 22, 2010
Mesa, AZ
All the hardware has been upgraded to the same chrome hardware that comes on a LP Standard, the knobs have been upgraded from the ugly wood ones, and the cavity covers were given creme covers. A creme pickguard has been added, as well as a truss rod cover and it now has Kluson tuners. It has also had dot inlays professionally installed on the fretboard.

For all intended purposes, this is a now a Les Paul Standard.

The pickups were swapped out for a pair of EMGs (painted creme to match the hardware), an 81 in the bridge and a P85 in the neck. I've NEVER been much of a fan of the neck pickup before I got this guitar, but the P85 sounds absolutely brilliant. These pickups are a huge step up from the stock ones, and while I've never been a big fan of actives, they work very well in this guitar.

Also - The guitar was just gone through by my tech and completely rewired as well as having the pickup switch replaced. This thing is ready to rock! :kickass:

Includes SKB fitted hardshell case.

Asking $1100 OBO. Trades considered:

Neve/API style mic preamps
Pair of SDC microphones (Neumann KM184 or Beyerdynamic MC930 preferred)
DAW controllers (Euphonix/Avid prefered)
Studio monitors (6-8", or a pair of NS10s and a poweramp would be cool)
Bass amps (Mesa M6/M9 Carbine preferred)
5 string basses (preferably a Peavey Millennium 5 Plus)
7 string guitars (Ibanez Prestige would be best)
Snare drums (Ludwig Black Beauty and deep wood snares - Stave/segmented a plus)
2 Channel Mesa Dual/Triple Recto
Orange Rockerverb 100 MKI
Mesa Mark V
Splawn Quickrod
VHT Ultralead
Higher end DSLR cameras

Plus cash on either end, if necessary.

543253_428174403860055_857439396_n.jpg

408503_549714875039340_997573032_n.jpg

217858_549714888372672_1170911473_n.jpg

In the interest of full disclosure, I'm inclined to tell you that the guitar was originally a gold-top. I traded it a few years back to some guy who was supposed to send me a Framus Cobra for the BFG and cash, and after 4 weeks of waiting for him to send the amp, after the amp being repaired by his tech (which he failed to mention it needed before I sent my guitar), he got pissed off (because apparently it's grounds for him to get angry at me, because I've had to wait a month for something he was supposed to send the same day as I sent my guitar...) and sent me the guitar back instead (without the original pickups I'd sent with it). That would have been fine, had he not done a half-ass job refinishing it in red. I finished the job myself, and it looks GREAT now. Personally, I think the red looks much better, but as you can imagine, I was EXTREMELY pissed when I got the guitar back and it was a different color :( I kept the worn look, and if you would rather have it gold, I only put a verylight coat of red stain over it, so with some light sand paper/steel wool, you should easily be able to return the top to its original color.