FS (UK): Audient ASP008 with ADAT card

AEL89

Jan 22, 2009
Almost certainly the best value 8 channel mic amp out there. Its worth it just for the conversion (let alone the great mic amps, variable impedence and high pass filters on every channel). Same condition as the day I bought it. Send me an email if you're interested, want pictures or need any other info.

info[at]alexloring[dot]com

Its an amazing piece of gear; I've just slightly outgrown the need for 8 clean channels... I'm saving for something else.

Does that have a digital output? The conversion is really good... I'm tempted to keep it just for its conversion but I'm looking to either go for a prism orpheus w/ PT9 or a lynx aurora PTHD system (or HD native). Still unsure.

The mico has spdif/AES EBU out.

Dont buy the prism, it wont work with pt9 because of the buffer (gearslutz has alot of threads about it)

I would suggest you a metric halo setup.
ULN8 if you want preamps or LIO8 if you only want converters (with a firewire interface) or what I am using. the 2882. The 2882 is more like a awsome top-class converter which can switch the line-ins to preamps. Its not that expensive (around 1800€) but is IMO way way superior to all the known stuff like rme esp. if you want to use your own preamps.

check it out and read on gearslutz

The mico has spdif/AES EBU out.

Dont buy the prism, it wont work with pt9 because of the buffer (gearslutz has alot of threads about it)

I would suggest you a metric halo setup.
ULN8 if you want preamps or LIO8 if you only want converters (with a firewire interface) or what I am using. the 2882. The 2882 is more like a awsome top-class converter which can switch the line-ins to preamps. Its not that expensive (around 1800€) but is IMO way way superior to all the known stuff like rme esp. if you want to use your own preamps.

check it out and read on gearslutz

Wow, glad I've heard that now. Metric Halo does sound like a great option but I'm edging towards going the HD route. I know if I went with something that wasn't HD I'd just want to upgrade again in a few years. 0 latency, 0 fuss, stable as hell, powerful software. I could get a Lynx Aurora 16 with the HD card for a reasonable price.

Totaly understand that.

The HD native systems arent that expensive either.
I think you can get a real good setup for 5k

but the aurora way looks great too.

I am switching to protools 9 too.
But also keep logic for VI and stuff and waveburner, so the MH was the best choice for me.

Its so god damn stabil its unbelievable.
I am tracking with the buffer set to 32 with some plugins on and have no problems, so the latency is not noticable.
If you want you can also do hardware monitoring with the metric halo stuff.
It has his own mixer menu, so if you want you could work without any daw.
Its like you would link a protools hd setup with another daw.

And to use the MH channelstrip while tracking and destructive is just awsome

back to topic:
people go buy the audient. Its an amazing preamp!!!

Bump.

This is a great addition even if your rack is full of API/Neve/Great River and all the rest. Probably only second best to the 8 channel Millennia in terms of amazingly clean mic amps (...that you have 8 of...) This is a fraction of the price and has conversion to match the pres.

Another bump!

If you're looking to add 8 channels then its impossible to add anything as good as the ASP008 for anything less than £1500 in my experience. Still looking for £850 + shipping, non-negotiable.