FTP and ringtones

Winmar

Pillock of society
Apr 16, 2001
Canberra
Given that the board's so flamin' :hotjump: quiet today, I'm going to start one of those threads where I ask you lot to give me advice. You know the type.

So, can anyone recommend a good, free FTP program, and indicate where I can get it from?

Also, are there any sites where I can acquire free or cheap polyphonic ringtones. I got Sweet Child o' Mine from the Telstra site for Mrs Winmar last night, but that cost me $3.95, so I am looking for cheaper alternatives for future reference.

I thank you for your assistance, chaps and chapettes.

I have 2 CDs worth of ring tones. I'll try and find them, and give some indication of what's on them (lots of pop shit, but some decent stuff too).

And I second Filezilla :)

Ok, found it without even trying! Cool.

The disc has loads of pop/rap/r&b crap, but if you want some RAWK, then I have:

AC/DC
Aerosmith
Alice In Chains
Bryan Adams (heh)
Springsteen
Bad Religion
Beach Boys
BLACK SABBATH!!!
Blink 182
Bon Jovi
Bush
Chili Peppers
Oh, shitloads.

And some TV tunes too. Most of them are polyphonic, but there are some other 'normal' ones. All MIDI I think...

Give a list of requests and I'll tell you what I have :) I can put a zip file up for downloads if you want.

The only Priest I have is Breaking The Law :) (in old-style tone, not polyphonic)

Maiden: afraid to shoot strangers, hallowed, notb, wasted years.

Yeah, I think I'll just pull all the metal ones out that I can find and zip 'em :)

Fuck that'd be cool. Thanks Mark. I'll have to ask the missus what she wants. I haven't yet got a phone with polyphonic ringtones. If you could upload a sheetload I'll go seek.

Speaking of, listening to Strapping Young Lad's new album through my computer. With those little electro-sample bits they chuck in, it made me think my phone was ringing. Fucking cool album.

So Salty, any MIDI files on the net can be downloaded with a phone that's compatible? Sweet!