Fuck my life.

koalamo

Aug 24, 2009
Hicktown New York.
So Lets say, hypothetically of course, that I was to say put the battery in backwards on my guitar because I'm retarded and then just finished double tracking a guitar recording before I realized. It doesn't sound bad to me but then again I'm used to recording shitty guitars so anything is an improvement. Would this the equivalent of playing the guitar without a battery at all?

how do use battery ¯\(°_o)/¯

How the hell did you manage to hook the battery up wrong? Standard 9v and connector will only go together one way...

Rofl I don't even know! It fit? its a hell raiser and its 9v. I have no fucking clue how its even possible. I was wondering why I didn't sound much better than any of my friends shitty guitars. Now I realize. Baaaaaaaallls :(

there's no way that you can complete the circuit hooking up the battery all the way round. It must be an old battery or a defective one.

For myself thankgod but it is annoying, do you guys know if that's like playing with passive pickups or something? Because when I flipped the battery around everything got loud as hell I had to put a pad on the iinput to keep it from clipping the converter and obviously it sounded much better

You didn't install the battery backwards electrically because that's impossible without modifying the connector.
Are you talking about physically putting it back in the cavity backwards? If so that makes no difference whatsoever unless you broke the wires by doing so.

9v CLIPS only fit one way. There are other ways to connect a 9v battery. If it's metal prongs in a cavity that just requires direct contact, it's possible to put it in backwards.

Yeah its metal prongs and no trust me dude it made a huge difference when I put it in the right way, it got a lot louder (I had to use the pad on my radial to get it to stop clipping)and the noise from the pickups got a lot quiter and @genius haha yeah that's pretty much why I posted it I thought it was pretty funny in a fuck my life I'm retarted kind of way