Fuck you anti-stem cell research people

Sorry guys, I was raised Christian.

¯(°_o)/¯ How do evolution? teh lulz.

Just because you were raised Christian does not necessarily mean you have to go through life being ignorant. Ockham's Razor suggests that evolution is still the more likely candidate as opposed to a supernatural origin of life.

I'd recommend:
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Origin-Species-150th-Anniversary/dp/0451529065/ref=pd_bbs_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1234491024&sr=8-1"]http://www.amazon.com/Origin-Species-150th-Anniversary/dp/0451529065/ref=pd_bbs_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1234491024&sr=8-1[/ame]

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/God-Delusion-Richard-Dawkins/dp/0618918248/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1234491057&sr=1-1"]http://www.amazon.com/God-Delusion-Richard-Dawkins/dp/0618918248/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1234491057&sr=1-1[/ame]

and my personal favourite,
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/God-Not-Great-Religion-Everything/dp/B000QUCO4Y/ref=dp_kinw_strp_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1234491067&sr=1-1"]http://www.amazon.com/God-Not-Great-Religion-Everything/dp/B000QUCO4Y/ref=dp_kinw_strp_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1234491067&sr=1-1[/ame]

If you believe that statement, feel free to be the first one to off yourself.

i probably won't have to. there is a good chance i'll get hit by some asshole in his Ford F-150 talking on his cellphone and eating his Egg McMuffin while on my morning bike ride to work. had a few close calls this week already. it'll happen. :)

hahaha. sorry to be a bit of a troll (just learned what trolling was had to give it a go). had a bad day, this kinda cheered me up. man i'm twisted, lulz. yet another thread gone way off topic.... sorry, continue!

Dream Theater - The Great Debate. I like this song because it touches on the emotional aspect of the situation from both sides. It's a tough call on this matter for me. It's so right but so wrong.... I feel like Taco Bell.

Yeah, The Great Debate is an awesome song (BLATANT Tool stylistic ripoff in verse 2 notwithstanding :rolleyes: ), but personally, I'm 100% on the side of stem cell research (and by extension, abortion) - my sympathy for kids only begins once they're ready to come out of the womb

Yeah, The Great Debate is an awesome song (BLATANT Tool stylistic ripoff in verse 2 notwithstanding :rolleyes: ), but personally, I'm 100% on the side of stem cell research (and by extension, abortion) - my sympathy for kids only begins once they're ready to come out of the womb

Dude I KNOW! Damn them for trying to make 46&2 their bitch :bah: Anyways your last statement made me lmao. Just gone done with a shitty day of work, telling elementary kids to sit down at least 100x. :lol: I might say my sympathy starts after 12 ;)

my sympathy for kids only begins once they're ready to come out of the womb

Ewwww.

Don't agree. I'm pro abortion as well, but common you would be fine aborting a fetus when it only had 2 weeks before the fucker was ready to come out? :lol: :puke:

I'm okay with anything up to the 2nd trimester, after that you should have made up your stupid fuck mind.

Although personally I think people should just take some fucking responsibility and not have a situation where you even need to make the choice. :Smug:

Yeah, The Great Debate is an awesome song (BLATANT Tool stylistic ripoff in verse 2 notwithstanding :rolleyes: )

Dude I KNOW! Damn them for trying to make 46&2 their bitch :bah:

Hehe, it's not the first time. Home is also just 46&2. I love Dream Theater, but it's hard not to give in to friends and call them the world's greatest covers band. Listen to Prophets of War and tell me you don't think of Muse.

And I'm personally in favour of abortion up to and including the child's sixth birthday. Don't let 'em get complacent.

Seriously, though, on the abortion issue; if something goes horribly wrong (problems with birth control, rape) then I can understand it. On the other hand, if you're just a thoughtless idiot who was unprepared, then you're probably not the type of person who should be breeding anyway.

Ewwww.

Don't agree. I'm pro abortion as well, but common you would be fine aborting a fetus when it only had 2 weeks before the fucker was ready to come out? :lol: :puke:

I'm okay with anything up to the 2nd trimester, after that you should have made up your stupid fuck mind.

Haha, yeah, I was speaking theoretically, practically I definitely agree with you! :ill:

Although personally I think people should just take some fucking responsibility and not have a situation where you even need to make the choice. :Smug:

Well there's always rape victims or accidental pregnancies, but I hear ya

i dont think abortion is a cool as a contraseptive. take my whore of a cousin for example...

she's had 13 abortions. fucking 13. it makes me sick. and now because of that, she miscarried 5 times when she actually tried to have a child. i totally support abortion if its a victim of rape, or incest or some wierd freak accident. like if a chick slipped and fell on a virgin's cock and he (would probably) bust immediatly.... but that is slightly unlikely.

of course ive heard of evolution! i think its great. but when we try to play god and not let nature take its course...there will be great consequences. there is purpose on this great earth for every life form, microscopic and deadly, or not. death and partial eradication of a species is part of our history. the earth has a way of cleaning itself of parisites (us). just my point of view, among many peoples' others here. its great what we have learned with science and tech, but you got to draw the line somewhere. who knows what kind of effect these changes will be made. hell, just us taking antibiotics have weakened our natural ability to heal ourselves significantly. noit to mention the thousands of other things we have done to ourselves. when we cure a disease, another worse one just takes its place. flame on! lulz.

You're blathering away nonsensically - go ahead and tell us about how we're 'playing God' and how it's actually *unnatural* (we are, after all, natural products) and we'll see this. Notice that there's no real flaming going on - you're just going to be held responsible for what you're saying. Don't dismiss the arguments you'll be getting as flaming - no matter how much you wish they were.

Cite the claim on antibiotics - given how rarely they're given out by good physicians it's not a serious risk.

As for 'when we cure a disease, another worse one just takes its place'... bullshit. We cure polio and people live long enough to get cancer. Does that mean everything is futile? Fuck no! Brilliant people get to live two and three times as long because of it. What we need to start fucking doing is letting people die when they make too many stupid decisions, not turning to this bullshit "Earthisouttogetuswe'reacancereverythingiswrongbecauseofusAAAAAUGH!" instead of doing productive things.

I know it may be hip to say things like this, but without a significant amount of work (for example, explaining what organism we humans, as a 'disease', are infecting) this is a bunch of bullshit. We have to draw the line somewhere? Why? Everything has been getting better as far as health, and your life expectancy increases every fucking day - of course, you don't have to live forever, but you have the option and the only thing that will hold us back in the long run is our own lack of ambition and desire.

Jeff

This kid has clearly never had anyone in his family get a disease then!

What would you say to what you are saying now if it was your mother, sister or father that was ill?

A disease that needs wiped out?

Someone lock this kid up before he starts shooting out schools!

i dont think abortion is a cool as a contraseptive. take my whore of a cousin for example...

she's had 13 abortions. fucking 13. it makes me sick. and now because of that, she miscarried 5 times when she actually tried to have a child. i totally support abortion if its a victim of rape, or incest or some wierd freak accident. like if a chick slipped and fell on a virgin's cock and he (would probably) bust immediatly.... but that is slightly unlikely.

How many is too many, then? After all, "you've got to draw the line somewhere"... what is bad about the thirteenth that isn't bad about the first?

The morality of an act should be judged on its own. Few other things are held to that kind of standard (imagine "you're not a smoker until you've gone through at least 23.7 cigarettes", "you can rape someone, but only for a minute or two", and that kind of thing), and there's a big difference between "stupid" and "wrong".

Jeff