Fuck YOU XP antivirus 2010

Jun 26, 2009
New Jersey
My comp just got infected with this virus. Most annoying thing ever to deal with. It wont let me go on any internet browsers ( i am at work right now ), blocked my ports so i cant play Battlefield Bad Company 2 beta, and eventually is gonna rape my whole comp. If i back everything up all my recording files and stuff to my external, will it also transfer the virus to my external? Everytime i had an antivirus virus i end up having to reboot my comp. Heckin lame

/rant

Use Autorun Eater. It´s freeware. It will block any autorun script, so even if you copy the virus with your backup, it won´t run unless you open it manually (in that case you deserve the virus).

Its easy to get rid of, there are several variants though.

Reboot into safe mode, go into msconfig and remove it from startup then find the file folder for it, usually in program data, and delete. Run a AV (like avast) and it'll be clean

Dude I had this too! fucking annoying. It hijacked IE but luckily it didnt hijack google chrome, so I was still able to get online and look it up. I got rid of it with Security Task Manager, but now for some reason I can't open programs directly. For example, I can't open Internet Explorer by clicking on the icon, but I can open it by double-clicking on a saved html file. I can't open sonar unless I double-click a Sonar file, etc. Really fucking annoying. I keep getting the "open with" dialog box, as if my computer doesn't know what the ".exe" file extension means. o_O