Full band mix of Divergency by Born Of Osiris

hey guyz.. i'have read basically everyone on this forum hating this band production, the sound, the mix and everything, BUT.. even if I don't like the sound I'm pretty curious about how to achieve that guitar sound and some other stuffs. anyone can help me?

Nice job, man!
I'd say your drum tones are highermids-heavy.
The vox are way too bright/sibilant as well.
Also suggest you to add some more space to the mix elements to bring some air into it.
Hope these can be useful.

Nice job, man!
I'd say your drum tones are highermids-heavy.
The vox are way too bright/sibilant as well.
Also suggest you to add some more space to the mix elements to bring some air into it.
Hope these can be useful.
yeah guitars seems spot on quite perfect. what do you did? :eek:

Sorry guys only just saw that this post had replies on it.

I'll run through what I did with the guitars now:

Recorded myself using a Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR, Ibanez TS9DX, Peavey 6505, Marshall 1960AV, Shure SM57. Recorded one left and one right track.

Panned 100%

Processed in a bus, Waves Q6, Waves VEQ4 and Waves C4.

Q6 I high passed to 100, low passed 10k, and a couple of surgical cuts at 130, 250 and 4.7k.

VEQ4 I put a very slight boost at 180, slight cut at 470, and more noticeable boosts at 1.5k and 6.8k.

C4 I compressed between 60 and 300 to control the palm mutes.

That's literally it.

Random question, does this forum allow you to view your previous posts in the same way that other forums, such as Ultimate-Guitar, allow you to? I only ask because I didn't see that I had replies on this thread until I searched for it specifically.

Sorry guys only just saw that this post had replies on it.

I'll run through what I did with the guitars now:

Recorded myself using a Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR, Ibanez TS9DX, Peavey 6505, Marshall 1960AV, Shure SM57. Recorded one left and one right track.

Panned 100%

Processed in a bus, Waves Q6, Waves VEQ4 and Waves C4.

Q6 I high passed to 100, low passed 10k, and a couple of surgical cuts at 130, 250 and 4.7k.

VEQ4 I put a very slight boost at 180, slight cut at 470, and more noticeable boosts at 1.5k and 6.8k.

C4 I compressed between 60 and 300 to control the palm mutes.

That's literally it.

Random question, does this forum allow you to view your previous posts in the same way that other forums, such as Ultimate-Guitar, allow you to? I only ask because I didn't see that I had replies on this thread until I searched for it specifically.
Mmm so you recorded again the guitars? :guh:

The DIs in the stem pack are impossible to use IMHO. I don't really think that we can achieve any similar sound to the original mix with those guitars. Am I an idiot? Maybe.