Full track preview of 'Skye' from my upcoming EP!

C2Aye

has the groove.
Jul 11, 2011
Glasgow, Scotland
Hey guys, here's a full track preview of Skye from my upcoming release called 'Isles EP'. This track features a very good friend of mine in the solo section as well.

The EP is to be released sometime in February and the tracklist is as follows:

1) Isles
2) Skye
3) Islay
4) Cuillin (Interlude)
5) Mull
6) Jura

Keep yourselves update on my facebook :D

http://www.facebook.com/SithuAyeMusic

Cheers

Sithu

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm really diggin' the track.

I like how the bass really stands out in parts.
The clean guitar in the beginning seems to be a bit overdriven, did you mean for that to happen?

Aside from that, this sounds very TesseracT/Periphery. I like :D

I'm really diggin' the track.

I like how the bass really stands out in parts.
The clean guitar in the beginning seems to be a bit overdriven, did you mean for that to happen?

Aside from that, this sounds very TesseracT/Periphery. I like :D

Thanks man, I generally keep the bass level quite high so it can stand out in the quieter moments. Not a fan of turning the bass right down like in a lot of metal releases.

As for the overdrive, it is very much intentional. I love on Fender valve amps you can get a lovely clean with that slight bit of overdrive when you push it on the volume knob and that was definitely the intention on the clean tone.

TesseracT and Periphery and two of my favourite bands at the moment and they are definitely influences on my music.

this is fucking sweet. im definitely stoked for the ep. guitar kinda sounds like a tele.

Cheers man, I can't wait for the the 11th for everyone to hear it! And I used a Strat for this song so I can see why you maybe thought it was a tele!

Hey thanks so much for posting those. I really think that bass tone might apply well as a reference tone to something im about to start work on. Very insightful stuff. Very cool of you to share. If you dont mind my asking what kind of bass/ pickups was used for this recording? Also how much gain reduction did you get with each pass of compression?

lemme just say again that this is fucking great. the most entertaining thing ive heard in a while. i mean that.

lemme just say again that this is fucking great. the most entertaining thing ive heard in a while. i mean that.

Thanks again dude, I really appreciate it! Remember that the EP will be out on the 11th of February for free/pay what you what download on my bandcamp page!

Hey thanks so much for posting those. I really think that bass tone might apply well as a reference tone to something im about to start work on. Very insightful stuff. Very cool of you to share. If you dont mind my asking what kind of bass/ pickups was used for this recording? Also how much gain reduction did you get with each pass of compression?

No worries man, I'm happy to share settings and such. The bass used in this song and the whole EP is a Yamaha RBX5-A2 and the pickups are the stock passive ones. The bass is my brother's and he thankfully lent it to me for recording of this EP and my previous album. There isn't actually that much of a gain reduction effect with that compressor, but it's definitely made quieter sections in the cleans and the reverb and delay tail off a lot more prominent. It's also made the bass a lot more uniform but in the opposite way, by massive boosting the overall output with me having the turn it down after that. I should probably use Rocket Compressor in parallel on the guitars for a less drastic effect but, I uh, haven't gotten round to that yet :D