Fun idea

yardleybates

Chick Wrangler
Sep 22, 2004
Elgin, IL - NW Chicago burb
OK I came up with this idea that I think would be cool, but I don't know exactly how to come up with a way to host it.

A nice size map of the globe with the US a little bigger than in proportion.

The ability to place pins on locations like you see in the cop movies where they are tracking a crime spree.

At each pin location would be a PP Forumer. (Yippee and I west of Chicago)

You could see how many people we have from all over, AND when you're traveling someplace, you have an idea of people to get in contact with if you're looking to chill out with some awesome cool people while you're there.

Do you mean a real life map with real pins on a wall at the venue, or a virtual map on the net during the year? There are a zillions of virtual push-pin maps on the net that we can use, and I'm sure that we could come up with a way to make the physical map happen next year :) Maybe Markers or stickers instead of pins so that it can be saved :)

Do you mean a real life map with real pins on a wall at the venue, or a virtual map on the net during the year? There are a zillions of virtual push-pin maps on the net that we can use, and I'm sure that we could come up with a way to make the physical map happen next year :) Maybe Markers or stickers instead of pins so that it can be saved :)

Like a virtual push pin map! I never even looked for such a thing before, the idea just popped into my head the other day.

LOVE the live map idea too!

Interesting idea. Of course, next year at PP we could all have tiny GPS devices implanted under our skin. That way, you could even know if a fellow forumer like say, Rifkin, was lurking outside your house in the bushes...

OK I came up with this idea that I think would be cool, but I don't know exactly how to come up with a way to host it.

A nice size map of the globe with the US a little bigger than in proportion.

The ability to place pins on locations like you see in the cop movies where they are tracking a crime spree.

At each pin location would be a PP Forumer. (Yippee and I west of Chicago)

You could see how many people we have from all over, AND when you're traveling someplace, you have an idea of people to get in contact with if you're looking to chill out with some awesome cool people while you're there.

That would have made my move so much easier! Although I did stop in a few key cities and hang out with you and a few other PPers!

-Metal

PS How's my Darwin?

That would have made my move so much easier! Although I did stop in a few key cities and hang out with you and a few other PPers!

-Metal

PS How's my Darwin?

Right? I know !!! Especially with Yippee's current North American tour, it would be great to know who to call BEFORE he pops into a city for lunch or dinner.

Darwin is AWESOME! He and Yip had a bit of a scuffle on who owned the bed a few nights ago, but he's great! I'm sure he'd love to see you!

Right? I know !!! Especially with Yippee's current North American tour, it would be great to know who to call BEFORE he pops into a city for lunch or dinner.

Darwin is AWESOME! He and Yip had a bit of a scuffle on who owned the bed a few nights ago, but he's great! I'm sure he'd love to see you!

Well he's always welcome to come here and spend a night or two. That is if Yip decides to come along. ;) :lol:

-Metal