Fun stuff to do in the Netherlands?

Jack Nippleson
May 13, 2007
Already asked Powerray this on Facebook since he lives close to it, but I was wondering if anybody else here has been there and can recommend anything cool to check out! My girlfriend is studying abroad there next semester and I want to help her out.

She's (probably) even seeing Nightwish for the third time there in April, and then a fourth time when she returns to the US, lucky girl!

I'll refrain from saying the obvious!!

Joking aside, Amsterdam is my only experience of the Netherlands and it's an awesome city. Kinda like a parallel universe where everything you have always been told is bad and wrong is legal and encouraged (within reason of course)!

I spent my honeymoon there last year and we loved every minute. Can't remember much of it though... o_O

Do we have any Dutch members who can offer a slightly less tongue in cheek response than my above ramblings?

On a more serious note, my father in law recently went on a cycling trip to the Netherlands and found it immensely enjoyable. Apparently, the whole country is adapted for bikes and they even have their own dedicated cycle roads (complete with traffic lights etc)!

Lots of arty stuff to see in Amsterdam, Anne Frank's house, Rembrandt musem, Van Gogh museum and the Royal Palace are all within walking distance of the city centre. I haven't really ventured out too far from Amaterdam so can't give any insight into the rest of the country. Will be going back soon and will definitely take some time to explore some of the less touristy cities.

Oh wow, I had no idea that stuff was there - thanks dude!