Funeral Mourning - Drown in Solitude

Claws of Perdition

Wipes sitting down
Jul 7, 2005
Australia, not Austria
www.redmeat.com
Funeral Mourning is a one man project by Desolate also of Kinstrife & Blood and an ex-member of Pestilential Shadows, who with this project manages to conjure up a bleak and haunting 38 minute piece of black funeral doom. The album can seem somewhat minimalist in nature but imo doesn’t detract from the experience, the overall atmosphere and vocals do the majority of the work, after all this is black funeral doom. This release shows some similarities to Elysian Blaze so I know some of you will enjoy this, definitely not groundbreaking stuff but I think it's a pretty solid release none the less. The one criticism I can draw on it is it's a bit short, could have benefited from a couple of more tracks.
Enjoy.

137055.jpg

1. Winds Of Unknown Existence
2. Drown In Solitude
3. Your Waters
4. Sounds Of A Dreary Sea
5. Misery Cloaked Under Decayed Flesh

Total playing time 37:56

Myspace:
http://www.myspace.com/funeralmourning

Label:
www.goatowarex.org

This is solid doom. Nice atmosphere throughout and keeps some variation. Like you said nothing groundbreaking but well worth a listen.

Cool, downloading now, but, just as a disclaimer, I wont be able to listen in a long while since I'm using a friend's computer and hence need to burn the song to a cd to hear it

There's more atmosphere than substance to these tracks, I feel - there's definitely a vibe, but not much to actually grip me. Probably be a good band for background listening.

Also, has anyone noticed that Machine Head are using the exact same artwork for their new album cover?

137055.jpg

intro.jpg