FUSE TV's 'URANIUM' Helping To Support JAMES MURPHY In Time Of Need

ms. anthrope

back off, mofo...
Feb 12, 2002
s.f. bay area
www.msanthrope.com
From BLABBERMOUTH:

FUSE TV's 'URANIUM' Helping To Support JAMES MURPHY In Time Of Need - Dec. 19, 2003

Fuse TV's heavy metal program "Uranium" is trying to do more than bring more than metal to the masses these days. They're trying to help save someone's life. That someone? None other than the death metal legend James Murphy of DEATH, OBITUARY, TESTAMENT, DISINCARNATE, etc.

James was diagnosed with a massive brain tumor in August of 2001. He has since had 70% of the tumor removed, but still needs tons of expensive medications which he cannot afford without assistance. As with most musicians, insurance is unaffordable or unavailable and the government has not offered much help if any.

Hoping to raise awareness, "Uranium" has set up a web site with various interviews from bands who have been helping out James, including Jack Owen from CANNIBAL CORPSE and Terry Butler and Chris Barnes from SIX FEET UNDER. The page also includes a link directly to a donations page on James' web site. Every single penny donated will go directly to James and his cause.

For more information, please click the link below:

http://fuse.tv/content/specials/index.php?id=148

hey, thats awesome that fuse is doing that, i have it but i have heard nothing about what they are doing, thats totally awesome of them, if i had money i'd donate it to you guys, but i had to save up for two weeks in lunch money just to buy convergence, which btw kicks ass, J. Murphy is my guitar hero, and i've only known about him for a short time, you'll have to forgive me on that, i just started gettin into the "metal" scene of music, about 4-5 months ago i was doing a dimmu cover of metal heart and i guess thats about the time i started listening to all sorts of meta ... black/heavy/hardcore/death ... all sorts ... but again ill try my best to do my part to help Mr.M out i wish i could do more but again i can only do so much... later, jeff