Future Collaborations

the_satanic_rabbit

Return of Ganon
Oct 30, 2002
Twin Cities, MN
www.omwresearch.com
Who would you like to see Ron collaborate with?

Here's my picks:

Guitar:
Frank Gambale/Alan Holdsworth (Can you imagine how cool it would be for one of these guys to solo over some ink-like material? Imagine if Shawn Lane (RIP) were still here! :loco:)

Michael Romeo could probably come up with something pretty sick too.

Marty Friedman (Tour with Marty and Ron featuring material from both musicians! Ron backs-up Marty, Marty backs-up Ron!)

Drums:
Gene Hoglan :cool:
Steve Gadd (omfg)

Bass:
Steve DiGiorgio
Choy (from Atheist)

What are your picks? :Smokin:

Collaborations? I think after the Blotted Science CD is done and released, I'm going to lock myself in my room again and do another solo CD. The DVD(s) first, then an "enhanced" solo CD (more details later). Of course something else could pop up, but I'm not counting on it. Sometimes relying and waiting on other people to get shit done is a real drag. Cool musicians like Alex Webster, Daniel Gildenlow, Marty Friedman and Jens Johansson don't seem to come around my way too often. Sometimes, it's very frustrating.

As for Marty Friedman, I'd love to do a Cacophany type of thing with him, but he's doing so well in Japan that I don't think he'd even consider doing anything like that again. It's way too time consuming, and he is TOTALLY kicking ass over there. Even when we were on the GuitaRevolution tour (which was just a few weeks), we barely had any time at all to work out any "bits". It was pretty much learn the tunes, know what you're going to play, play it, have a great time, then go home...

Ron

I totally see what you mean as regards Allan Holdsworth. Having heard him soloing on Derek Sherinian's 'Mythology' album, he is more than qualified to pull something big outta the bag for an Ink-type project. Even if it wasn't a collaboration project as such, it would still be nice to hear a solo or two by him on Ron's next album if he isn't too busy.

Gene Hoglan would be a machine on drums for Ron, as would Richard Christy I feel. But as far as drums and Ron go, I reckon he's played with the best already. There are still Spastic Ink drum parts that make me laugh with how ridiculous they are. Anyone who doesn't know what I'm talking about should put 'Ink Compatible' in their CD player, play track 7 and fast forward to 3:35. What more could you expect from a drummer?

Personally, in the event of another Ink-type album, I would prefer there to be more keyboards. My number one suggestion is Bob Katsionis. This guy is totally unstoppable on keyboards and I think he blows guys like Jordan Rudess and Jens Johansson out of the water! If anyone's interested in finding out more, he has 2 solo albums available from Guitar9. You can also check out his Official Website and his MySpace Site. He maintains his own MySpace, so it is possible to message him and get a responce within a couple of days.

ronjarz said:
As for Marty Friedman, I'd love to do a Cacophany type of thing with him, but he's doing so well in Japan that I don't think he'd even consider doing anything like that again.

Damn, that'd be amazing to hear. We all know you've got the chops to pull it off and Cacophony's music is legendary.

ronjarz said:
As for Marty Friedman, I'd love to do a Cacophany type of thing with him, but he's doing so well in Japan that I don't think he'd even consider doing anything like that again.

Ron

Tell that foo he owes you for ripping you off many years ago with the "Go Off!" Intro. :cool:

OMG, new Watchtower with Ron and Marty on guitar. :eek:

Hell, get Lars to do the drums, he was a Watctower fan. Webster would probably play bass on it cuz he's a cool dude. And Lars could talk James into doing vocals.

"To destroy a corporatioooooon! Yeeeah, yeah!" :cool:

the_satanic_rabbit said:
Tell that foo he owes you for ripping you off many years ago with the "Go Off!" Intro. :cool:

OMG, new Watchtower with Ron and Marty on guitar. :eek:

Hell, get Lars to do the drums, he was a Watctower fan. Webster would probably play bass on it cuz he's a cool dude. And Lars could talk James into doing vocals.

"To destroy a corporatioooooon! Yeeeah, yeah!" :cool:

You know James wouldn't be really bad choice but could imagine how cool it would be if Ken Nardi(ex Anacrusis) would sing, his vocals are really unique. But he isn't active in the music I guess.