Future shows in.... the UAE ??

welcome any time sweet friend ,
books it fills too much space of my life ,and my room too :loco: ..
well there s no such as suprem truth but GOD ...i only take seriously sciences books , documentarys ,mythology and phylology ...for human sciences i prefer self interaction for i got my own believes
think bout this " there are 4 fingers between truth and lie " ..
and what does ahava means ????
have a nice day everyone .......

Ahava is hebrew for love-this is from the 20 words in hebrew I know- and the best one. ( not counting Kobi's :cool: ever present "achie" which means "brother")

I understand about the books completely, I am a great lover of books myself. I prefer poetry, books on art, classical literature and history myself.
Books are crammed up all over my place too :)

achie sounds more like akhie .. :D
am learning hebrew too ,and it s pretty hard i say ,so there s no one to communicate :yell: ..
but i learned runes o_O ,and for books my advice goes to KRYON ..try them

Kryon- what is that/it? A writer?
If you learned runes, you can learn hebrew. I have a big avdantage in speaking hebrew because I am dutch - the hard g in particular is pronounced exactly the same as in the dutch language. It is the writing in the opposite direction and a whole new alphabet that I am not looking forward to. :yuk:
Which other languages do you speak/ read?
Me: dutch, english (duh), french and german and I can read spanish a bit.

I always joke that I want to learn to speak a lot of different languages because I like to talk a lot- so I learn other languages to be able to talk even more :p

Hi everybody

I would like to say Happy New Year to Everybody here

and I'm sorry that I couldn't post anything to explain what I have said cause I had a lot of tests this week ... so I reply everyone in order :

RashomoN
I just don't believe history books.....cause I'm not sure I can trust the person who wrote each book.

Morticia NL.
I agree with Rashomon when he says that he does not trust writers, but if you read various books on the same subject you can filter the information for yourself. No book or article is ever without any trace of personal opinion from the writer but it should not withhold you to explore the subject and find your own truth.

I agree with you for sure, I do this my self, but you have to be sure that you are reading the correct books, and that’s what I do I read the what Zionists wrote about Israel, holocaust, there right to have their own country in Middle East and I read how Arabian and Palestinians Intellectual replay on this and how we discuss the Arabic case.

LANTHWICK
I agree with you about Syria and Lebanon,
Lebanon always have been an extension of Syria ( or natural Syria ),
that’s why I said that Syria to Lebanon is like a letter to a word, the word is mean less with out it, Syria is never the same without Lebanon, France in 1918 and divided Syria into Syria and Lebanon after the Great Syrian Revolution, so Lebanon is part of Syria and that’s why Syria cares about Lebanon and has great relationships with it.

Ok about Hebrew, there are a lot of Hebrew words which are so similar to Arabic ones and here are some examples :
"يوم: יום (يوم)
"بيت": בית (بيت)
"سنه": שנה (شنه)
"السبت": שבת (شَبات)
"اخي":(اخي) = אכי
"ولد" : (يلد) = ילד
You can find some files to learn Hebrew that I organized in my website check this link :
http://www.geocities.com/theo_machy1/engallery.html

you see, I think it's east to learn Hebrew, plus we who can speak Arabic can write from right to left because Arabic is written form right to left .
so guys do you know any good site to learn Hebrew ??

Folklore
tayeb
iza intu btikamlu il-tahaluf hon rah esaker hada il-thread.

bihiyatkon ya jama'aa, hadu balkon!
I am impressed with your Arabic, where did you learn Arabic in the army ??

RashomoN
you just can't understand how I'm honored to have the chance here to chat with neighbors like you from Syria, Lebanon and so....

al sharaf eli, as they say in Arabic it means “I’m the one who is honored”, and I find it great to have friends like you from all the countries, in fact I was searching for friends in Israel and that’s what lead me here to OL forum.

ok Happy New Year Again
PUWFL (Peace Upon Who Followed Light)

In Israel, we are learning english from 4th grade, and 3rd language from 6th or 7th grade......it devided to french or arabic.....

I learned arabic as well, though unfortunately I forgot the vocabulary......
I really love the arabic letters (my favourite).....so I still can write and read....but can't understand.....
3 yeras ago I worked with arab teachers who checked final high school exams.....and I tried to refresh it.....and hope after I'll finish my degree, I will have more time to learn the language again, as well as deutsch (I started a year ago).....
I just love languages....

every language you can speak means a power you can get, and a way to understand a new way of thinking

Agree totally- in language lies the history and nature of a country. This is one of the reasons I love to read poetry in as many languages as I can. I think it is the highest art form possible in language . This is the culture of a country or people at its very heights reflected. (- speaking of the classics here)
Unfortunately I cannot read the great greek poets in greek :erk: or arabic poets in arabic, or jewish poets in hebrew -sigh-

obay bringer of light said:
Hi everybody

I am impressed with your Arabic, where did you learn Arabic in the army ??

PUWFL (Peace Upon Who Followed Light)
my brother helped me here, he focus his final highschool exams on arabic.. I can understand some arabic and talk too, in teh future i`ll probably find somewhere to study it deeply and better.

I have really tough target......
but I'd really like to read Homer, Plato and the greek plays in their written languages....
I just know that the english/hebrew translations ruin them......

my goodness- I thought I was aiming high. But I'd love to learn hebrew as well as arabic.
I'll say it again> why is it that metal fans have this "image"of being dumb ass people? The next person who tells me I must stupid cause I listen to metal will be forced to read these pages by me. (i.e. my collegues at work)
Isn't it great how we all communicate with one another from such a variety of places because we all love OL? I never found a forum that was truely as international as this one :wave:

RashomoN said:
I have really tough target......
but I'd really like to read Homer, Plato and the greek plays in their written languages....
I just know that the english/hebrew translations ruin them......

I don't know if translations have ruined the greek plays(never read the plays in other language),but maybe it's a good chance for you to learn greek language:)

Morticia NL. said:
I'll say it again> why is it that metal fans have this "image"of being dumb ass people? The next person who tells me I must stupid cause I listen to metal will be forced to read these pages by me. (i.e. my collegues at work)
Isn't it great how we all communicate with one another from such a variety of places because we all love OL? I never found a forum that was truely as international as this one :wave:

well collegues got smthing of sens ,since lately,fans are posers ,and few who understood the meaning of this musik .SADDLY these days metal means ,destroying after party ,gettin drunk , collecting metal cds and worst ...worshipping the devil
and plus they dont pronounce styles well 4 an example trash=thrashed metal :erk: ..

True, for a lot of people it might look like it's about posing, drinking, bitches and trashing. But I have been in the scene for many many years now and have hardly come across stuff like this.
It's mostly the very young ( and drunk) or the ones who go to concerts twice a year who cause the troubles and party a bit too hard.
I have yet to meet devil worshippers, never saw those. Only some sad posers but that's about it. And after I saw Immortal play in blazing sunlight in 35 degrees, black metal has lost all of its attractions for me. I mean- they looked ridiculous, saying stuff like "sun is killing me" whilst corpse paint was dripping from their fat faces....

Check out this link>>>http://www.ruthlessreviews.com/top10/10blackmetal.html

And you know what I am getting at. It's stuff like this portrayed in the media that sets the tone- even my mother would worry about me if she saw this!

you re 100 % right my friend
and parents ..tell me bout them ..
i was pushed to cut my hair so my parents dont get worry bout me sleepin a night in jail :loco: (for bein a suspect in satanic rituels) ..
well am way from these stuff ,but i had some masons friends .
be carefull....