Galaxy in Santa Ana still has IE with Sonata Arctica

Sep 15, 2003
Vegas
A friend of mine just called and got tickets and specifically asked if IE was on the bill and they said yes. Since they are definitely not on the bill, why don't the venues know?

Maybe the venues have yet to be notified.

Ironic though, that the Galaxy actually has them listed this time and they're not gonna play, when the past couple times they have played, IE hasn't been listed.

I dunno, love the Galaxy though.

I don't KNOW the answer, but here's how it SEEMS to me:

The venues just get the names from probably the booking agent or the headliner's agent, or management or whatever. Some don't bother to mention their support acts, apparently, so a venue doesn't even know (which is pretty ridiculous). The venue often starts to advertise before everything about said tour is 100% confirmed (but I guess they just get the info from the booker or management so then he would be the one that gives out info too soon?) That leads to a lot of misunderstandings and it seems it takes forever to be corrected, which would probably be that booking agent or management's fault again.

Maybe Alina knows a bit more about how these things work...

But sometimes it's not that bad. I recall buying a ticket that said "Nightwish with Therion, Testament and The 69 Eyes". Testament didn't play, and instead there were three other bands (including Poison The Well). Since i had expected four bands and got six (and i'm more into PTW than Testament), i enjoyed it more than i thought i would. It's cool to expect something and get more.

Guess they are billeted for Berkeley, CA too.. Friend of mine is all excited cause she's going. Told her about this and sent her that link provided earlier.

coolsnow7 said:
I dunno man, Into Eternity keeps saying they aren't touring with them, yet other venues have them there too - like www.bbkingblues.com I made the same mistake.
yeah i was looking forward to seeing IE then, but i realize now that that won't happen. i don't care though:
new album or another show... hmmm... well a show lasts only a few hours and creates memories and stories that for a long time, but an album itself lasts a long time. i'd take an album over a show. especially since i'm tired of hearing something that isn't what it is live.

that reminds me, you guys should do a double CD live album/DVD like a combo package.

At least go to see Sonata Arctica while they are heading your way! Great Finnish powermetal :Spin:

Besides, IE deserves a break... what other band toured as much as them promoting one album? It's commendable guys :D and we appreciate it sooo much. :worship:

Personally I think it is the venues' fault for advertising before IE even confirmed the dates. They should take IE's name off the bill or at least let the people know that they aren't playing. lol stop false advertising dammit!

I wonder who will replace IE on this tour?

Marleah said:
At least go to see Sonata Arctica while they are heading your way! Great Finnish powermetal :Spin:

Speaking of which, I expect to actually meet you at the SA show... I'll be hanging around the Lyranthe merch area :tickled:

If you are needing ticket(s) click on my signature and preorder at a cheaper price! Plus it also helps out your local bands :cool: (hopefully you were able to catch Lyranthe open for Strat, they played right before IE- IE's drummer used my hubbie's kit)

-charina

Ysaive said:
Speaking of which, I expect to actually meet you at the SA show... I'll be hanging around the Lyranthe merch area :tickled:

Yeah definitely! ....I am still trying to work out my schedule and find someone to go with, otherwise I can't go:cry:.

I really enjoyed Lyranthe and I'll definitely buy tickets from them if I can go. Hey, so it was your hubbie who gave me his drum sticks after they finished playing. Please tell him thank you for me, that made my day! :)

Marleah said:
I really enjoyed Lyranthe and I'll definitely buy tickets from them if I can go. Hey, so it was your hubbie who gave me his drum sticks after they finished playing. Please tell him thank you for me, that made my day! :)

Hubbie says "Cool and you're welcome!"

Well I'll be at the show, Sportney, and that one dude with that puppet will probably be going. We met him while waiting to get into Soilwork/SYL on Sun (I didn't go to see Fear Factory), he asked if I was you :) So if anything there will be new people to hang with.

Yea...i'm sure that IE is off the sonata tour, but go support Sonata anyways! its their headlining tour! Here are the dates for those who wants to know when the tour hits their area

01/14/06 ROCHESTER, NY - Penny Arcade
01/15/06 POUGHKEEPSIE, NY - The Chance
01/17/06 WEST SPRINGFIELD, VA ?Jaxx
01/18/06 NEW YORK CITY, NY - B.B. Kings Blues Club
01/20/06 WORCESTER, MA - The Palladium
01/21/06 MONTREAL, QC ?CANADA ?Medley
01/22/06 QUEBEC CITY, QC ?CANADA - Theatre Du Capitole
01/24/06 ROYUN-NORANDA, QC ?CANADA - Petit Theatre Du Vieux Norande
01/25/06 TORONTO, ON ?CANADA - The Opera House
01/26/06 CHICAGO, IL - House of Blues
01/28/06 DETROIT, MI - Harpo Concert Theatre
01/29/06 CLEVELAND, OH - Peabody Down Under
01/31/06 ST. PAUL, MN - Station 4
02/06/06 VANCOUVER, BC ?CANADA - Richards on Richards
02/07/06 SEATTLE, WA - Studio Seven
02/09/06 SAN FRANCISCO, CA - The Pound at Pier 96
02/10/06 HOLLYWOOD, CA - The Key Club
02/11/06 SANTA ANA, CA - The Galaxy Theatre
02/13/06 TEMPE, AZ - The Clubhouse
02/15/06 Ft Worth, TX - Ridglea Theatre
02/16/06 San Antonio, TX - Sanctuary
02/18/06 Atlanta, GA - Masquerade
02/19/06 Ft Lauderdale, FL - Culture Room
02/20/06 St. Petersburg, FL - State Theatre

It generally the job of the booking agent to contact all venues who were previously told an opening band is now no longer on the bill. Then the booker for the club itself is supposed to take the band's name down. Somewhere there was a communication breakdown here. In reality, one should make SURE the band that is no longer on the bill is also no longer listed on a club's website and/or tickets, but when someone has a lot of other bands to take care of, you pretty much rely on the clubs to be honest and that they will take it off themselves. It could also POSSIBLY be that they want to promote the show having more than one band (even if it lists the wrong one) so that the tickets will sell, until the replacement band is announced. I have also seen it where a club NEVER takes the cancelled band off the bill because they see that band as being one that would draw a crowd, even if that's not being honest. ALSO, sometimes a record label should be checking that all previous dates that WERE listed with a specific band that has dropped off a tour, that they have been taken off. But when you consider how many bands CM deals with and how few staff they have to do it, it's almost impossible. It could be one of these things possibly, or there may be something else I haven't thought of or seen before.

@ Nag - what is this Berkeley, CA show you are speaking of? Sonata Arctica or Into Eternity? On what date? And where? I live an hour away from there and I lived in Berkeley more or less for 25 years and I have not seen ANYTHING about that. Want to know more please.

Marleah said:
Yeah definitely! ....I am still trying to work out my schedule and find someone to go with, otherwise I can't go:cry:.

I really enjoyed Lyranthe and I'll definitely buy tickets from them if I can go.

If you need a ride...No problem! I live in Puyallup...and I have to be there. The down side is that I have to be there about 5-5:30. If you dont make other arrangements and you dont mind being early, I can hook ya up with tickets and a ride to and from the show.

Squeak said:
@ Nag - what is this Berkeley, CA show you are speaking of? Sonata Arctica or Into Eternity? On what date? And where? I live an hour away from there and I lived in Berkeley more or less for 25 years and I have not seen ANYTHING about that. Want to know more please.

Dunno friend of mine mentioned it. I told her about IE's R&R time. And she's not mentioned anything since. I think she's retarded and meant the San Fran show.. but eh...