Game of Thrones - acoustic cover - need your help

Jellyfish

New Metal Member
Jul 29, 2016
Hi,

I am a long time reader in this forum and I decided to register and post something.

This is unusual as I do mainly metal but here this is an acoustic song for which I would need help.

Actually, I am not satisfied with my shitty mix, to me, there is too much high and there is no low end at all.

I don't know how to do it, the absence of bass guitar is an issue for me.

could you help me and give me tips.

Here is the song :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t7f0uho8itn406r/Games Of Thrones Cover 3.wav?dl=0

And if you want to give it a try and mix it on your own, here are the files :

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jwdy2jvp6ps7tcl/AACNh2rNEQhG5QSyH0NgLbnPa?dl=0

EDIT 2 : The song link has been updated, it is in wav format because for a reason I ignore, the mp3 file is still Distorted when I try to convert from wav to mp3... I don't know why...

Last edited:
Hi

No one wants to give me a feedback on how to improve ?

No one wants to give it a try ?

Hi

No one wants to give me a feedback on how to improve ?

No one wants to give it a try ?

Did you record or play the track? for recording, you might want to try using several microphones, including one especially for the lows. There's also the issue of several tracks in the beginning being clipped and unusable. But the main problem in the track, as I see it, is the playing, which falls a couple of times in the lead parts. No mix can make that sound good.

Did you record or play the track? for recording, you might want to try using several microphones, including one especially for the lows. There's also the issue of several tracks in the beginning being clipped and unusable. But the main problem in the track, as I see it, is the playing, which falls a couple of times in the lead parts. No mix can make that sound good.
Thanks for the honest feedback.

I recorded it myself. I only have one microphone which is a audio technica AT2020.

When you talk about a specific micro for the lows. can you give me examples ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I'm hardly an expert on recording acoustic guitar, but I'm sure there are a lot of videos and articles about multiple mic techniques, such as this one.