Game Recommendations

get a slightly better video card --geforce fx5200 are good and cheap, also bump up your ram slightly, atleast another 256. Both items on newegg $75 or less

as far as games
Deus Ex--great game
Jedi Outcast
Quake Arena

Illarion.org

if your into role-playing, there is absolutely no better game out there. I am actively hooked.

im really enjoying battlefield 1942 atm and thats fairly low spec requirements, also you could try the Red Alert series. im not too sure really, you really just need classic games, much of the ones that come out now will never be viewed in the same light as the oldies

you need some fallout!
fallout 2 is the best one of them and absolutely wonderful.

edit: oh that was apparently allready suggested!sorry about that.

if you like strategy games i must say that age of wonders is a wonderful game.very tolkien inspired, colourful and fun!

um some old ones Command and Conqueror and Star Craft. You prob cant even play Morrow wind on that piece I tried on something similar it ate the computers soul hardly moved at all... i like tetris haha though thats not what you said you were looking for.

Call of Duty 4 is pretty amazing.
Even though it has an extremely short (but fun) story mode, the online play is worth it

There are many good old games I wish I have time to beat, forget about the new games, You are only missing the graphics.

I dont have a clear idea about your graphic card. If its a motherboard integrated 64mb then its really bad, but if its a Gefore 3 or ATI Radeon then you can play a good deal.

Here some general suggestions, these older games shouldn't cost very much, and you can buy them cheap used like ebay or half.com:
Solder of Fortune II - This is a less popular but one of the better fps I've played, it might require some power but it should be possible.
Other masterpiece you might know of like: Deus ex, the Thief series.

There is a small chance you can run Morrowind. Otherwize best to stick with 2D like Baldurs Gate II, Fall Out 2.

You can definitely run the older advanture games, like Grim Fandango and The Longest Journey, another two masterpiece.

I actually prefer to play my psx games on my computer rather than the console, because the emulator let me have more freedoms like screenshots and save states. It doesn't require so much to run those 3d psx games, you can try some of the japanese rpgs, FFVII, Saga Frontier II, Breath of Fire III and IV. Or if you like a bit of strategy Final Fantasy Tactics, or Suikoden, but this game is very expensive to buy.

My comptuer is better then that, 1 gig of ram, and it still cant play morrowind.

Deus Ex
System Shock 2
Syberia (NOT the 2nd one)
The Longest Journey
Unreal Tournament
Command and Conquer: Red Alert

and above all: WORMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(should be worms 2 or worms armageddon)

I agree with worms, tho it might get boring with the time.

For Morrowind: forget that.

Actually... I would suggest you to find emulator, but I don't think it fits the rules :D

I've got a question that suits the thread:

How do you see if you got min req for graphics? I mean, I have a GeForce 6250 LE and I don't even know if its good or not.

For Ram, I can find out I know that my 1Go is better than 256Mo, but what for 3D cards compared to others?