Gamma Ray fans?

Dark Sorceror

Oct 21, 2006
India
This band is a bit repetitious at times, but there's no denying that their best works are absolute masterpieces. My favorite albums are Land of the Free, No World Order, Power Plant and Somewhere Out in Space.

Does anyone like them here? There seem to be relatively fewer fans of Gamma Ray in every music forum, as compared to other bands. They have an album coming out, titled 'Land of the Free II' in 2007.

<3 Rebellion in Dreamland. My favorite Gamma Ray song.

I agree, but they have a number of excellent songs, although not as good as Rebellion. Which is why I feel they are underrated. Even Helloween get more attention than they do, and Helloween aren't even as good (though I like them).

I love them, although their last album (Majestic) I (sadly) didn't care much for. I don't know what exactly it was but there just wasn't much on there that stuck in my head like their albums are usually capable of doing for me. Sucks.

Somewhere out in Space and Land of the Free are the only two I have, both contain some amazing metal. But I dont love them enough to buy anymore GR.

I love them, although their last album (Majestic) I (sadly) didn't care much for. I don't know what exactly it was but there just wasn't much on there that stuck in my head like their albums are usually capable of doing for me. Sucks.

I felt the same way about Majestic. Though 'Hell is Thy Home' and 'Condemned to Hell' are excellent songs, the album was just average, overall.

But that's alright. In my opinion, Gamma Ray really came into their own once Kai Hansen started singing, when Ralf Scheeper left (Primal Fear is a good band too). Insanity & Genius is an awesome album though.