Gamma Ray

Adam90125

Feb 15, 2003
England
Visit site
I have noticed that there are a different set of Gamma Ray CDs aside from the normal ones. There is a digipack set of (i think its) 8 cds and all the album covers are different. I was wondering how rare they are and all. Any help would be good
Thanks

I think what you're talking about is the re-issues they've recently done. They're not rare, as far as I know, but from what I've heard, they make it worth while to buy the new versions. I haven't picked them up yet, but I plan to.

It's actually 6 albums, not 8, and they were all available in The Ultimate Collection box set. they are the exact same as the re-releases in the digi-pacs w/ 3 bonus songs per disc.

By the way, it's the first 6 studio albums. .

use the End Records mail order. $13 US each.

Originally posted by wolf
Does Gamma Ray have any material that has the intensity of old Helloween?

I consider a lot of their stuff to be better actually... Try out "Powerplant", great album, and easily rivals the Keepers...Land of the Free, too.

I thought Powerplant was great, but not quite as good as Somewhere Out in Space or the legendary Land of the Free.

My Gamma Ray faves:

Land of the Free
Somewhere Out in Space
No World Order
Powerplant

But basically, everthing after they dumped Scheepers is very good. Helloween's a good band, too. But I've always thought post-Insanity & Genius Gamma Ray is better.

--S