Gary Moore

Winmar

Pillock of society
Apr 16, 2001
Canberra
I saw an old Gary Moore live show on tv in Indonesia a few years ago (you get that kind of stuff on tv over there). It was from his rocky days, and it was fucking awesome. I'm not as into the bluesy stuff, but the rock rules. So my question is this: if I go into a shop and see Gary Moore CDs, which are the rock ones?

I'm expecting a post from LT in this thread. :)

Sorry mate. :lol:

Thanks Wrathy - I'll see it somewhere for $15 or under with any luck. Thin Lizzy - I didn't even know he was in that band at some stage.

He and Phil Lynott stayed in touch after GM left Thin Lizzy in 1980 and turned up on each other's solo albums quite a bit. On Run For Cover, Phil sings on Military Man and Out In The Fields. Glenn Hughes sings a few songs on that one too, which (as Spiff will tell you) is another good reason to buy it.

W

Ooh, gonna have to gets me that one.

I only have one Gazza album, the one that's got "Still Got the Blues" on it. In fact, that might be the name of the album. I only bought it for that song, cos it's perhaps the best song ever recorded, but the rest of the album didn't do much for me.

A lot of metal heads don't seem to like his blues stuff and vice versa. I'm probably the only person I know who enjoys both.

Because I forgot to mention it before, check out BBM's "Around The Next Dream" from 1994. BBM stands for Bruce, Baker and Moore, and is esentially Cream with Gary Moore in place of Eric Clapton. Great album that manages to go from 60s classic rock to mellow Dire Straits style stuff in the space of 50 minutes.

Is there a live album of GM's performance at Donington '84? He put on quite the show by all accounts.

W

I'd probably get into his blues stuff if I gave it the chance. If I'm gonna buy an album of his though, I'd initially like to get one that rocks my socks off.

Thanks for the tips, chaps. I'll have to write the album names down and have a look at JB.